2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

The old adage of "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all" probably applies here.
Member bickering in public is site deterrent.

vB has an ignore member function... maybe it should be employed.
Go to the members Profile page, under their username is a User List dropdown... Select Add to Ignore List... you will no longer see their posts.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:55 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I simply don't understand what he is getting at. If he has a problem with me it is better voiced to me directly than blatantly put in a stupid signature. ?Then I can do something about it. Otherwise I have no idea why I am offending him as he has not explained what he is upset about.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
No I did not. I am about ready to leave DF though because I get called names I am not and you go calling me BS (keep your yapper shut!). Here's something for you to chew: If you have something against me PM me, DON'T PUT IT IN YOUR SIG OR POST ON THE FORUM. If you cannot PM me, then quit wagging your tongue. You can stick it out elsewhere. Understood?
Have you not read all the posts I have tried to less directly encourage everyone to stay on topic and stop taking every thread off topic to talk about random stuff? I have nothing against you. I thought we were actually friends. If not, okay. I want this forum to go back to what it was 1 1/2 years ago when I joined, which was a great place to learn about dodge trucks, and meet/chat with other dodge owners in the appropriate places. Who is calling you names? I have not. However we are losing valuable members due to the apathy and disrespect towards other users. If you want to leave because you cannot take that, it appears to me you need to get a thicker skin and learn to take responsibility for yourself. It's just an internet forum after all. We are here to help each other out and collectively learn more about our old junk.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:42 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry guys for venting in previous posts. We do need to get DF back to some order. Where'd all the mods go to anyways? We need them. Also, I am starting a "gibberish" thread for all off-topic and technical arguments https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...sh-thread.html.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,265 Likes on 3,012 Posts

The mods are here, but, not always.....

For the most part, I don't mind if threads wander a bit off-topic, that is pretty much standard fare for online forums. I am not going to come down with an iron fist on anyone that slightly strays.... no point in it. When they start straying too far, then I may step in.

And on that note: This one HAS strayed to far off topic. Personal problems, or what have you, should be taken to PM's. We don't need to air our dirty laundry in public. If you have an issue with a member, take it up with that member, via PM. If that doesn't work for you, PM a mod, or other site staff. One way or another, things will get dealt with.

Also, Wombat, I would greatly appreciate it if you would change your sig......

Back on topic here......

Been driving around a lot in 4wd of late, as winter seems to have finally come to michigan. Seems to be working fairly well. I LIKE being able to just hop in and go when I feel like it, regardless of how much snow is on the ground.

Side note: I need to put up driveway markers..... more than an inch or two of snow, and I can't tell where it is any more.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:27 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The mods are here, but, not always.....

For the most part, I don't mind if threads wander a bit off-topic, that is pretty much standard fare for online forums. I am not going to come down with an iron fist on anyone that slightly strays.... no point in it. When they start straying too far, then I may step in.

And on that note: This one HAS strayed to far off topic. Personal problems, or what have you, should be taken to PM's. We don't need to air our dirty laundry in public. If you have an issue with a member, take it up with that member, via PM. If that doesn't work for you, PM a mod, or other site staff. One way or another, things will get dealt with.

Back on topic here......

Been driving around a lot in 4wd of late, as winter seems to have finally come to michigan. Seems to be working fairly well. I LIKE being able to just hop in and go when I feel like it, regardless of how much snow is on the ground.

Side note: I need to put up driveway markers..... more than an inch or two of snow, and I can't tell where it is any more.

Hitting that hole a little difficult in your old age??

jk lol I play around to much... I have found that a fairly large rock in the one corner of my driveway keeps it visible in anything below 4 inches of snow... anything more than that and I just pick a spot and drive up.. Like today I had the urge to drive up the hill through the front yard..

Old 12-29-2012, 06:28 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I work around that by shoveling the snow off of my driveway. By now I've got about three feet of snow on the downhill side of the driveway, and about a foot on the uphill side, so I just aim for the low spot in the middle. It seems to work pretty well!

Old 12-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^^Lolz

See, quit being a pansy HeyYou.

I changed my diff oil. All was still good coloration and no stow aways either. Topped off fluids (wiper washer, coolant, brake) to run the snow again tomorrow.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:13 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i put $20 of 87 octane gas in my ramcharger. this will be about the first time since i got it that i have put 87 octane gas in it. it has just been getting so crappy gas mileage with the 91 octane stuff that i decided i needed to run the cheaper stuff. i also changed one of the tires. the valve stem started to leak. it has had a slow leak for a while but it seems to have got real bad today to the point i could hear it.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back on topic here......

Yessir. Done. Just trying to get a point across to everyone, we can all use reminders from time to time.

Glad to hear your truck does well in the snow! Today I posted a bunch of pictures and a couple videos of me playing in the snow in my '93 over in the Picture thread.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?