2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Paul DeHayes
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
hmmmm...computer bounced off it's 65* (149*) temp warning. Interesting. Not sure if I need more cooling or if I just ran that game too long without actually playing it.

Blew the cat hair and dust out. Maybe that will help my load temps.
Plenty of case fans I hope? What video card are you running, because I know there are quite a few space heaters out there lol.......Oh yeah, and cat hair does NOT give your PC horsepower lmao!

Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul DeHayes
Plenty of case fans I hope? What video card are you running, because I know there are quite a few space heaters out there lol.......Oh yeah, and cat hair does NOT give your PC horsepower lmao!
One intake in front, one on top, and one exhaust in the back.

Ancient Nvidia 9600GT with a large Arctic Cooler. I think it was the cat hair, idle temps are normal, load temps dropped a bit.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:16 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Having problems with gmail and texting the GF

Keep getting this error:

Any ideas? Only does that on my gmail, if I send from my hotmail it's fine.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Paul DeHayes
Professional

Not a bad little system btw, even to this day lol......I guess the big question is if you have problems texting anyone else via G-Mail? Could be a host of things really, but primarily an incompatibility issue I'd think

Old 07-16-2013, 12:44 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Not a bad little system btw, even to this day lol......I guess the big question is if you have problems texting anyone else via G-Mail? Could be a host of things really, but primarily an incompatibility issue I'd think
My graphics are lacking severely. Even with an OC. Sad thing is I built this rig a year ago and my buddy donated a used card. lol Being broke and having your hard drive go out on your already 6 year old PC isn't nice. lol Cost me $700 all said and done.

I've been texting using Gmail for a couple years now, no issues. No idea what the problem is. It comes back and says her number is from cingular, which doesn't exist anymore.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:56 AM
Paul DeHayes
Professional

Yeah that last part doesn't make any sense, maybe Google's crapping the bed on that one? My gfx are alright, considering I have 3+ year old tech in mine (think Phenom II X4 965 and a HD 5570, reallll cutting-edge stuff lol). Beginning to wonder if that GTX 260 I have in the closet would be any better, hmm.......I know what you mean about crapping-out HDD's, always happens at the worst possible moment. Hell, at least it isn't a 46re grenading at a busy red-light lol

Old 07-16-2013, 01:05 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I killed a hard drive once by hitting the power button over and over instead of shutting down properly

Then for stress relief I'd take the hard drive out and put a few rounds through it with my .243... Good times

Unless you send lead through hard drive that's still under warranty

Edit:

And for the first time in 20+ days it DID NOT rain!

Old 07-16-2013, 01:23 AM
Paul DeHayes
Professional

Yep, it just simply drizzled a little bit down here in SC, usual pop-up deal. I have to say though, I've been enjoying the cool temps for July, so not looking forward to 90's the rest of the week lol

Old 07-16-2013, 08:46 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
I killed a hard drive once by hitting the power button over and over instead of shutting down properly

Then for stress relief I'd take the hard drive out and put a few rounds through it with my .243... Good times

Edit:

7.62 hollow points for me. Works good. Makes a mess.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:57 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Yeah that last part doesn't make any sense, maybe Google's crapping the bed on that one? My gfx are alright, considering I have 3+ year old tech in mine (think Phenom II X4 965 and a HD 5570, reallll cutting-edge stuff lol). Beginning to wonder if that GTX 260 I have in the closet would be any better, hmm.......I know what you mean about crapping-out HDD's, always happens at the worst possible moment. Hell, at least it isn't a 46re grenading at a busy red-light lol
Yeah, my system is kinda weird in that I'm running an Intel Core i5-3450 and a graphics card that's several years old. Either way, the card bumped by benchmark scores several points above the integrated graphics.
Originally Posted by stewie01

Edit:

Originally Posted by HeyYou
7.62 hollow points for me. Works good. Makes a mess.
Meh, I prefer M855 5.56mm steel penetrator.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread