2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 07:03 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^It's government's fault, period. No matter who is on what side. They need to know their bounds and shut the hell up as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe this will help all the n00bs who can't read:

Old 08-26-2013, 07:07 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Man it looks GOOD!

Old 08-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Me likes

Old 08-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Jigabop
Champion

These hybrid cars running around are a joke right???

can't believe people are stupid enough to buy them...

those stupid prius and insight cars don't get better fuel economy with the electric motors...it takes gas to charge those electric motors! durrrh.

40-50mpg is nothing new. remember Geo Metro's? ugly little under powered 3 banger? 50mpg in those, and they run on gasoline!!! no hybrid!

then way back in the 70's and 80's we had the VW Rabbit diesel! 40+mpg on diesel fuel.

and pretty much every VW diesel passenger car gets over 40mpg even in full size wagon cars like the passat. the ignorance of these green tree huggers is ridiculous europe got with the program years and years ago...50% of european cars/trucks are diesel powered. Every gas station in europe has both diesel and gas at every pump. just like gasoline has more energy in the fuel than race gas, diesel has more energy in the fuel than gasoline does.

btw you see the world record for fuel economy in a production car? set by a VW passat TDI

77.99MPG on diesel fuel only. not a hybrid.

hybrid world record is 64.6.

even under the most optimum conditions a gasoline hybrid still can't beat a diesel engine in fuel economy. proves the point those f'ing prius cars are a waste of time, space, and money. But ignorance is bliss around here so everywhere I look I see one of those stupid looking prius cars...

/end rant.

Last edited by Jigabop; 08-26-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:16 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

There goes jig again lol..

Hybrids are worthless, they pollute the air more during mfr than they as gasser ever could while driving.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:32 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by beginningjockey
Man it looks GOOD!
Looks cluttered to me. But maybe people will quit posting in the wrong sections.
Originally Posted by Jigabop
These hybrid cars running around are a joke right???

can't believe people are stupid enough to buy them...

those stupid prius and insight cars don't get better fuel economy with the electric motors...it takes gas to charge those electric motors! durrrh.

40-50mpg is nothing new. remember Geo Metro's? ugly little under powered 3 banger? 50mpg in those, and they run on gasoline!!! no hybrid!

then way back in the 70's and 80's we had the VW Rabbit diesel! 40+mpg on diesel fuel.

and pretty much every VW diesel passenger car gets over 40mpg even in full size wagon cars like the passat. the ignorance of these green tree huggers is ridiculous europe got with the program years and years ago...50% of european cars/trucks are diesel powered. Every gas station in europe has both diesel and gas at every pump. just like gasoline has more energy in the fuel than race gas, diesel has more energy in the fuel than gasoline does.

btw you see the world record for fuel economy in a production car? set by a VW passat TDI

77.99MPG on diesel fuel only. not a hybrid.

hybrid world record is 64.6.

even under the most optimum conditions a gasoline hybrid still can't beat a diesel engine in fuel economy. proves the point those f'ing prius cars are a waste of time, space, and money. But ignorance is bliss around here so everywhere I look I see one of those stupid looking prius cars...

/end rant.
Also...
two words: BIO DIESEL.

BOOM. 40 mpg and, if you can get it, ALMOST FREE FUEL! BOOYAH!

Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

@ Jigabop I agree 100%. When it comes time for us to get a little car its straight to VW. Ah the 70's Pinto's, Vegas, Bugs, Datsuns, Honda civics (the little one's) lol, Vauxhall's, Chevy Luv trucks, D50's, MG's, the little car days.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:44 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Little cars are more fun when you shove a V8 in 'em.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by dodge_dude94
Looks cluttered to me. But maybe people will quit posting in the wrong sections.

Also...
two words: BIO DIESEL.

BOOM. 40 mpg and, if you can get it, ALMOST FREE FUEL! BOOYAH!

bio is not free...

I assume you are talking about scrubbing waste cooking oil and turning it into biodiesel...

It needs to be heavily filtered and scrubbed to eliminate contaminants, and mixed with sodium hydroxide and methanol.

Not to mention your ride will smell like a filthy mcdonalds when running on waste oil bio...

btw don't let uncle sam catch you making it and using it in over the road vehicles...

They can and will hit you with tax evasion. it's just like buying smokes online from other countries to avoid paying the taxes on tobacco...they will slap huge fines on you if you are caught.

Last edited by Jigabop; 08-26-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:47 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by beginningjockey
No i'm not dude. John Deere made engines for Homelite trimmers. I know, because I repair them...
i don't remember ever seeing john deere's name on any of the home light stuff i have moved at work. homelite does seem to use a lot of Honda engine in there generators/power washers.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread