2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:37 PM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drive it like a normal car, simple those cars get auctioned off once they've been retired and honestly some one in real need of a good car always ends up getting screwed because the idiots who drove it before them beat the **** out of it.

People dont have any respect for things any more and that is exactly why the economy is so ****ed up right now, people never take care of **** and they just break everything they touch.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:04 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by yakkier
Drive it like a normal car, simple those cars get auctioned off once they've been retired and honestly some one in real need of a good car always ends up getting screwed because the idiots who drove it before them beat the **** out of it.
Well, thats what you get for buying a used rental car. Hell, its the same chance when you buy a regular non-commercial/rental use car.
People dont have any respect for things any more and that is exactly why the economy is so ****ed up right now, people never take care of **** and they just break everything they touch.
Dont you think that people breaking and then going back and buying another would create a boom in the economy? Take for example. Go into any Walmart, TSC, Home Depot, or Lowes and look at the MTD crap Huskee Troy Bilt, Yard Machine, and Bolens lawn tractors. Price point mowers from $700 - $1200. For some people buy one, beat the hell out of it, and the next year if it doesnt start, take it to the local scrapyard and go buy another one. MTD (and Husquvarna, makers of Sears, Poulan) makes a ****-load of money off of this simple principle that most of suburban America practices.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So you're saying that if you were driving a rental that you wouldn't drive it like a vehicle that you don't have to do maintenance on?

Old 04-27-2010, 07:28 PM
yakkier
Banned

Thats exactly what im saying, i dont try an tear **** up like all these other little kids.

I buy and sell cars at auction and i see how idiots from rental companys treat those cars, and people who cant afford to buy new cars or nicely used end up getting stuck buying those pieces of scrap that those idiots tore up.

Nate you have no idea bud, you've never been in a position that you cant afford to buy any thing nice because of the fact you dont have enough money to put down a big downpayment or your credit has been so ****ed up in the past that you cant get a decent rate. It makes me sick to think that those cars are being trashed when they could be going to a person that would take great care of it and needs a stable good running car to go back and forth to work or school or hell pick the kids up.

You guys look at it from a "who gives a ****" stand point. I dont because i know what it's like to not be able to afford to get a really nice truck or car that runs great, look at my piece of a **** truck do you think for a second i wanna be driving around in something that has holes rusted all the way through it ? NO i dont, i would love to drop 3 or 4 grand on a down payment on a real nice 2nd gen or a 3rd gen for that matter.

But i cant and thats where i stand, so say what you want but i have no respect for people who intentionally try and **** **** up just because it's not theirs.

Last edited by yakkier; 04-27-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:54 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thats exactly what im saying, i dont try an tear **** up like all these other little kids.

I buy and sell cars at auction and i see how idiots from rental companys treat those cars, and people who cant afford to buy new cars or nicely used end up getting stuck buying those pieces of scrap that those idiots tore up.

Nate you have no idea bud, you've never been in a position that you cant afford to buy any thing nice because of the fact you dont have enough money to put down a big downpayment or your credit has been so ****ed up in the past that you cant get a decent rate. It makes me sick to think that those cars are being trashed when they could be going to a person that would take great care of it and needs a stable good running car to go back and forth to work or school or hell pick the kids up.

You guys look at it from a "who gives a ****" stand point. I dont because i know what it's like to not be able to afford to get a really nice truck or car that runs great, look at my piece of a **** truck do you think for a second i wanna be driving around in something that has holes rusted all the way through it ? NO i dont, i would love to drop 3 or 4 grand on a down payment on a real nice 2nd gen or a 3rd gen for that matter.

But i cant and thats where i stand, so say what you want but i have no respect for people who intentionally try and **** **** up just because it's not theirs.
Now, see the problem with what you are saying is that you really are blaming the wrong person for this.

See, when you buy a used car, nobody is giving you ANY promises, its not like buying a new car. It doesnt matter if it is a rental, fleet, personal, low mileage, hell even Honda Certified Used! Its still used.

Nobody MAKES you buy a used car, only you do that. I dont care how little money you have, if you make a bad diecision, thats your own damn fault, not the previous owner's. Nobody gets "stuck" with a bad car, its not like a dealer hands out crappy cars to everyone and unknowingly tacks a payment to them.

Even though I just said that, I'm on both sides, I dont like to tear up stuff, either. I do like to test things to the limit they were built to, but that doesnt mean that I tear up stuff, not by a long shot.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 PM
yakkier
Banned

So what you're saying is that some one who cant get approved for a new car loan, has a choice to either buy used or new ? and that the previous owner isnt to blame for the shape that the car is in when it's bought ?....

Nate dude this is touching on something you have no experience on at all, im not trying to start a fight or talk **** about it but it's simple man, you have NO idea what it's like to have some one take advantage of you because you have no other choice. I see it all the time when people will come to me to buy a car at auction for them, they trust me to make sure they get a good running car. But i have to pass up so many cars at auction because they are in such bad shape that i wouldnt want to let my customers down.

Now that being said SO many ****ing dealers out there just dont give a crap and will sell any thing to any one just to make a buck, and those are the ones who have no standards and who buy these piece of junk cars that arent worth more than a paper weight. And i blaime it on the person who did the damage.

Not on the person who had no other choice but to settle for some one's left overs because they cant afford to buy anything better.

im done with this conversation because it does nothing but make my blood boil.

Last edited by yakkier; 04-27-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Cheat
Veteran

Alright, Guys, Lets end this. No more. All because of some youtube vids. Lets not get this closed alright?

Old 04-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a pretty funny thread that y'all should read
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...cedes-clk.html

Old 04-28-2010, 07:28 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Start my new job in an hour and a half.

I work at a dealership, and they are always busy. nervous, but excited at the same time....finally i work back where i belong...in the garage

Old 04-28-2010, 04:47 PM
gevalco207
Rookie

Good luck at you new job hope you stay busy. I havnt done crap at my job for a month its been so slow. hoping not to get laid off.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread