2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 11:00 PM
dman12323
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahaha the broncos lost and the seahawks won woohoo! Me and this girl at a food joint bet like $25 bucks and now she wants to race me because her broncos lost! Im totally clueless because she bet me almost $150 dollars to race her! And on top of that the loser has to pay for anything she/he wants to eat at any restaurant in town!!! She's literally going to go to the most expensive 5 star diner in town and rack up the bill! Holy crap! Anyways I stalked her out to the parking lot and I saw what truck she was driving. Shes driving a 2003- 2006 Chevy 2500HD with a 4 door longbed!!! And then she was ranting about how she had a "v8" Im not sure if its the vortec or the 6.0L and its an automatic but im pretty sure im screwed on this one. Has anyone else raced a chevy with a 6.0? Shall I start saving my bank account for this Thursday?

Old 02-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Mopar Mike
Veteran

Missed the Super Bowl because I worked all day, work was busy as hell because of the Super Bowl, then after working and getting off at 9:30 tonight, I find my truck to have been broken into.... This day can go to hell. They took cash (I keep anywhere from $20-$100 hidden in my truck in case of emergency.. they found it anyways), video games (I let my co-worker borrow them, and he had just returned them to me today), Flip-out touch screen radio / DVD player yet to be installed, other radio accessories, CD's, phone chargers, 2 hoodies, jumper cables, ice scraper, de-icer, (which made thawing out my truck and windshield really convenient) and I'm sure some other **** I haven't noticed yet... words do not describe how angry, frustrated and annoyed I am right now. Cops pretty much said they can't do anything. Cameras at work don't reach to where I was parked either...

Old 02-03-2014, 02:10 AM
tincan57
Captain

Sorry for your loss Mopar Mike, vulnerability sucks. We used to have poor parking security where I worked!
Hope you have a better day. K.

Last edited by tincan57; 02-03-2014 at 02:57 AM. Reason: adder
Old 02-03-2014, 08:11 AM
oxymoron29
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar Mike
Missed the Super Bowl because I worked all day, work was busy as hell because of the Super Bowl, then after working and getting off at 9:30 tonight, I find my truck to have been broken into.... This day can go to hell. They took cash (I keep anywhere from $20-$100 hidden in my truck in case of emergency.. they found it anyways), video games (I let my co-worker borrow them, and he had just returned them to me today), Flip-out touch screen radio / DVD player yet to be installed, other radio accessories, CD's, phone chargers, 2 hoodies, jumper cables, ice scraper, de-icer, (which made thawing out my truck and windshield really convenient) and I'm sure some other **** I haven't noticed yet... words do not describe how angry, frustrated and annoyed I am right now. Cops pretty much said they can't do anything. Cameras at work don't reach to where I was parked either...

I feel your pain. My truck got broken into while parked in a "secure" underground garage just last week. They stole a few smaller, easy to conceal items like both my GPS's. Thankfully a lot of my tools were left and they didn't find my Oakley's or my iPod. Needless to say pretty much everything valuable has been taken out. Don't keep any valuables in your vehicles. It's sad that there exists people this low in our society

Old 02-03-2014, 08:31 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fu**ing hate UPS.

I just got my fourwheeler motor back and the bottom drain plug is snapped completely off my motor. The builder put $1,500 in insurance on it but the UPS is being d*cks and don't want to give the money up. There's an inspector coming this week to see if it's "worthy."

Name:  image-21.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  95.0 KB

Old 02-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
I fu**ing hate UPS.

I just got my fourwheeler motor back and the bottom drain plug is snapped completely off my motor. The builder put $1,500 in insurance on it but the UPS is being d*cks and don't want to give the money up. There's an inspector coming this week to see if it's "worthy."

That sucks.

Just be sure you took a ton of pictures and don't be an *******! Even if the dude deserves it

Old 02-03-2014, 10:56 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star

Well there's an actual guy coming to my buddy's house sometime in the next few days. He was an a** on the phone to the ups guy. He said he'll be nice until he starts being smart. He's more pissed than I am he said because he wants to see how this thing turns out. He's the one that is helping me get everything back together and the engine on the frame.

It's a mess.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a mess. In my experience it never helps to be an ***. But some people really deserve to just be smacked upside the head sometimes.

In other news. I bought a driveshaft off of eBay. And they have the best customer service I've ever seen. They called me to verify fitment. Like 5 mins after I paid for it. And even took pictures and measured it for me and sent them directly to my phone.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by dman12323
Ahaha the broncos lost and the seahawks won woohoo! Me and this girl at a food joint bet like $25 bucks and now she wants to race me because her broncos lost! Im totally clueless because she bet me almost $150 dollars to race her! And on top of that the loser has to pay for anything she/he wants to eat at any restaurant in town!!! She's literally going to go to the most expensive 5 star diner in town and rack up the bill! Holy crap! Anyways I stalked her out to the parking lot and I saw what truck she was driving. Shes driving a 2003- 2006 Chevy 2500HD with a 4 door longbed!!! And then she was ranting about how she had a "v8" Im not sure if its the vortec or the 6.0L and its an automatic but im pretty sure im screwed on this one. Has anyone else raced a chevy with a 6.0? Shall I start saving my bank account for this Thursday?

you're screwed.... I'll race her though

3rd gear boosted launch and I'm gone

Originally Posted by Mopar Mike
That f*cking sucks! sorry for your loss

Old 02-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Jigabop
Champion

manning forgot how to football

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread