2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 03:33 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 02-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Brilliant!!

Old 02-27-2014, 03:55 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ I posted it first!

Old 02-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Ham Bone
Champion

My truck will run me out of the cab with the heat... and i can hear water sloshing around in the heater core so I have air in there

....weird

Old 02-28-2014, 10:55 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Fix your heater, then you will be able to bake Ham's while you drive.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:26 PM
tincan57
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some humor..............on hold for new insurance card. Great classical music though.
lol

Old 02-28-2014, 12:27 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
My truck will run me out of the cab with the heat... and i can hear water sloshing around in the heater core so I have air in there

....weird
We have the same problem in the OBS Ford world. Can't get all of the air out of the heater core, so it makes a sloshing noise. Except we can't burp ours. So we have either to use a special tool to "burp" it, or we purchase a re-designed core that has a check valve to let air out.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Fix your heater, then you will be able to bake Ham's while you drive.
^ That. Is. Absolutely. Hilarious!

Old 02-28-2014, 03:37 PM
stewie01
Legend

Kinda crazy how Ash and Walnut trees can have bark that looks so much alike....

Anywho, working on firewood again, seems I need about a month's worth and we *should* be good to go.

Had the Ethernet cable for our Internet running across the driveway buried in PVC conduit, all the water runoff from the recent snow melt caused the PVC to became exposed, than my son helped it out by pulling up half the PVC run

So cut the tree I needed, and pulled it up to the house where I work on wood, went slow over the PVC hoping it would just slide over, nope. Felt a hesitation (was going super slow) and than BAM!, saw the PVC go flying...

On the plus side the Ethernet cable strands had about 1" of PERFECTLY stripped wire exposed....

Bleh.

Decided to go the wireless route this time (until I feel like renting a DitchWitch to properly bury the cable), setup a Ubiquiti PicoStation at the well house where the PoE is for the Wireless CPE, and setup a Ubiquiti NanoLoco at the house as client, all bridged so it acts as an Ethernet cable, only wireless

Can't wait for summer, and my cold to go away, been a hoarse the last few days

Old 02-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Ham Bone
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
Kinda crazy how Ash and Walnut trees can have bark that looks so much alike....

Anywho, working on firewood again, seems I need about a month's worth and we *should* be good to go.

Had the Ethernet cable for our Internet running across the driveway buried in PVC conduit, all the water runoff from the recent snow melt caused the PVC to became exposed, than my son helped it out by pulling up half the PVC run

So cut the tree I needed, and pulled it up to the house where I work on wood, went slow over the PVC hoping it would just slide over, nope. Felt a hesitation (was going super slow) and than BAM!, saw the PVC go flying...

On the plus side the Ethernet cable strands had about 1" of PERFECTLY stripped wire exposed....

Bleh.

Decided to go the wireless route this time (until I feel like renting a DitchWitch to properly bury the cable), setup a Ubiquiti PicoStation at the well house where the PoE is for the Wireless CPE, and setup a Ubiquiti NanoLoco at the house as client, all bridged so it acts as an Ethernet cable, only wireless

Can't wait for summer, and my cold to go away, been a hoarse the last few days
I was edging a dude's mulch beds getting ready to mulch everything and I hit a main line running out to his garage. We had all the utilities marked off. So this was the homeowner jury rigging stuff.

It wasn't even one inch deep and was just a wire. No conduit or anything.

Lucky for me it was wired to a breaker. Flipped the main breaker in his house, cut all power. Otherwise I wouldn't be here to shard this story.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:10 PM
stewie01
Legend

^ Electricity can be a bummer!

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread