2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:00 AM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkeaton
This IS supposed to be off topic about Dodge Rams. There are sections available for political talk. This is not one of them.
Hmm well we almost never talk about Dodge Ram trucks in this thread haha...

Old 02-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Not to often I get pissed with what's being posted in the OT thread but there is a place for politics here on DF.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/

Certain (hard headed) individuals on this forum don't feel their political drivel should be posted in the Political forum.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:18 AM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by Gary-L
Certain (hard headed) individuals on this forum don't feel their political drivel should be posted in the Political forum.
Probably because it isn't as active as this thread.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:19 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

It would be if you wouold take this stuff there.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Ham Bone
Champion

All the money people, including nyself. Is effectivtly "sunk cost" you will never get it back and it doesn't really affect the value of our trucks.

They are still almost 20 year old, underpowered and badly wired trucks from the smallest of the Big Three.

They will never be valuable

Old 02-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
Say Jig, what brand of turbo are you using for the VGT? Holset? Garrett? Borg Warner?

Also just curious what tuning place you use.
I don't have a VGT....YET!

When I do the beta testing, it will be with a HE351VE (holset) which is the same turbo that comes stock on the 4th gen 6.7L cummins.

the controller is some super secret squirrel sh*t that will be revealed when the project is full steam ahead.

the project as far as I know is still at least a month out before alpha/beta testing will even begin. and my beta test will be one of the last tests to start as they will be testing on trucks in single configuration first as it is cheaper and easier. It will take longer to get me on board as they will have to make and ship me new twin plumbing to be able to swap my top S300 turbo out for a VGT.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
Probably because it isn't as active as this thread.

It has been stated time and time again that there is an area on this board for political discussions, which is here --> Political and Religious Talk

The fact that said Forum is not as active as you would like does not give you license to break the rules and incite a political discussion outside of the proper area, nor does said lack of activity nullify the earlier stated rule that political discussions are not allowed in the OT Thread.

If you break the rules then expect to be called out on it by other members and/or the Moderators. If and when that does happen, don't cry foul.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:23 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by Gary-L
It has been stated time and time again that there is an area on this board for political discussions, which is here --> Political and Religious Talk

The fact that said Forum is not as active as you would like does not give you license to break the rules and incite a political discussion outside of the proper area, nor does said lack of activity nullify the earlier stated rule that political discussions are not allowed in the OT Thread.

If you break the rules then expect to be called out on it by other members and/or the Moderators. If and when that does happen, don't cry foul.
Where does it say that political discussions are not allowed in the OT thread? I don't recall that anywhere so refresh my memory please...

Old 02-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Rebel541
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This forum is great! You guys make my lunch break reading a treat more often than not, even though I always seem to want to jump on someone or jump on something that was said 2 pages back. Oh well.
I agree that aftermarket modifications and repairs do little if anything to add value to a 16 year old pickup. That's why I'm replacing heads instead of buying the Performance Injection Equipment crate engine that Merc linked to at one point. I would LOVE to have 400+ hp and 400+ tq, but I'd be putting $7k in engine work into a $4k truck, and end up with a $4k truck.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:39 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

@ aofarrell2 the mods have asked not to post it here, others have asked you as well. If you can't just be nice and take this talk where it's supposed to be then there is a problem. 90% of your posts are in the OT thread, you don't have many correct or helpful posts anywhere on this forum at all. Everything with you is confrontational, you think you can run this place better then the mods. If you can't play well with others or follow simple rules then this is not the place for you, we don't need it or want it.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread