2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 11:09 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by merc225hp
@ aofarrell2 just how much are you asking for your Ram 1500? If it's really for sale there should be no problem you posting up your asking price or a link to your ad.
I'm starting at $12,000OBO. Leaves some room to work on the price. I've put over $8,000 worth of parts into it and I know it runs good. I understand it may seem a bit steep but modified half tons sell for about that much around here, and that's why I put Or Best Offer on it.

I post it on eBay and craigslist tomorrow so I'll post a link here when I get it out.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:12 PM
AppelH
Captain

How is increasing standards reducing fuel consumption in light trucks going to significantly impact the economy?

I am not arguing that increasing fleet MPG is a bad thing. But this is partly the reason that people like us always complain about our trucks, or complain about newer ones. Hiw many times have we said, or heard people say, "stuff isnt built like it used to be?" One surefire way to increase fuel mileage is to decrease weight, and I think this is what some automakers are doing. We all B**** that our trucks arnt tough like they used to be, or they are made out of plastic instead of metal, blah blah blah. I think the automakers are doing the best they can with all the rules and regulations. I am sure dodge would love to not have to put so much castrating equipment on their new cummins that everyone complains about, but what choice do they have?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:13 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
I'm starting at $12,000OBO. Leaves some room to work on the price. I've put over $8,000 worth of parts into it and I know it runs good. I understand it may seem a bit steep but modified half tons sell for about that much around here, and that's why I put Or Best Offer on it.

I post it on eBay and craigslist tomorrow so I'll post a link here when I get it out.
Frigging dreaming bud! Sorry to say it will never sell at that price, I hope you can prove me wrong. Does that make my truck worth asking $45,000 for it if I was to sell it?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:14 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by AppelH
How is increasing standards reducing fuel consumption in light trucks going to significantly impact the economy?

I am not arguing that increasing fleet MPG is a bad thing. But this is partly the reason that people like us always complain about our trucks, or complain about newer ones. Hiw many times have we said, or heard people say, "stuff isnt built like it used to be?" One surefire way to increase fuel mileage is to decrease weight, and I think this is what some automakers are doing. We all B**** that our trucks arnt tough like they used to be, or they are made out of plastic instead of metal, blah blah blah. I think the automakers are doing the best they can with all the rules and regulations. I am sure dodge would love to not have to put so much castrating equipment on their new cummins that everyone complains about, but what choice do they have?
I agree with what you said.

His logic is less oil imports means better economy. He said that too..

Old 02-18-2014, 11:16 PM
merc225hp
Champion

Not to often I get pissed with what's being posted in the OT thread but there is a place for politics here on DF.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/

Old 02-18-2014, 11:29 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Frigging dreaming bud! Sorry to say it will never sell at that price, I hope you can prove me wrong. Does that make my truck worth asking $45,000 for it if I was to sell it?
Yeah I know it's dreaming... Probably won't sell it at that price, but you never know. As the saying goes, "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder", if you can find the right buyer they will pay just about any price. That doesn't mean I try to gouge either, and I don't think I'm gouging. But the market is a different story.

does it make your truck worth that much? Market value, no. Actual value of the vehicle based on what you've put into it, probably not a bad price. What would people actually pay for it? Well I don't really know.

I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it right now anyways. It isn't my truck in the first place, it's my dads, but I've done most of the work to it, and I know it's details, and I'm the one who uses it the most, so thats why I'm listing it for him. If it doesn't sell not my problem haha. But I do think there is a small chance it could sell for that price, and if so great. If not, I'm not out anything. I've seen some other modified half tons sell for about the same price around here, one of them was at the dealer, but you know how those dealers are around here...

Old 02-18-2014, 11:30 PM
AppelH
Captain

I agree with what you said.

His logic is less oil imports means better economy. He said that too..
Increasing our own countries production will go farther in reducing imports...that way, we can make lower MPG requirements, use more fuel, which will drive up demand, and that will boost our economy too, because that's how it works. I think its a great plan. lol

Old 02-18-2014, 11:47 PM
merc225hp
Champion

does it make your truck worth that much? Market value, no. Actual value of the vehicle based on what you've put into it, probably not a bad price. What would people actually pay for it? Well I don't really know.

I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it right now anyways. It isn't my truck in the first place, it's my dads, but I've done most of the work to it, and I know it's details, and I'm the one who uses it the most, so thats why I'm listing it for him. If it doesn't sell not my problem haha. But I do think there is a small chance it could sell for that price, and if so great. If not, I'm not out anything. I've seen some other modified half tons sell for about the same price around here, one of them was at the dealer, but you know how those dealers are around here...
Sorry bud but that is just wrong, very little of what I have put in my truck can be recovered nor does it increase it's trade in value. I would be hard pressed to get say $7500 for my truck and it has much more work in it than yours does.

So it's your dads truck.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:35 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Not to often I get pissed with what's being posted in the OT thread but there is a place for politics here on DF.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/
This IS supposed to be off topic about Dodge Rams. There are sections available for political talk. This is not one of them.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:59 AM
aofarrell2
Champion

Sorry bud but that is just wrong, very little of what I have put in my truck can be recovered nor does it increase it's trade in value. I would be hard pressed to get say $7500 for my truck and it has much more work in it than yours does.

So it's your dads truck.
You have put more than $7500 into that truck correct? That's what I mean when I said "actual value based upon what you have put into it".

Yah it's his truck.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread