2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:07 AM
plumbob1968
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonw
IMO, the whole OT thread per section is unnecessarily redundant. We have an entire OT section of the forum for this kind of stuff. I was going to unsticky this thread and bury it just for that reason when I first become a mod, but decided against it because you guys seemed to like it so much.

I've let a lot go, even joined into a few convos I shouldn't have. However, I'm stopping this charged topic right here. Move it to the correct area of the OT section.
i dont even go to the main page....i have 2nd gen favorited and i go directly to it.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by plumbob1968
i dont even go to the main page....i have 2nd gen favorited and i go directly to it.
mine's the same way.... 2nd gen section is what I have bookmarked....

I still think we should have our own ot subforum.... you know it would get a ton of use from us, and it would keep our OT topics a little more organized. ie. bigtman found a sweet T-rex but no one knows about it because of the page and a half of political ranting... This is just the most recent example but you all know what I mean. A lot of good topics in the thread died unneccessarily cause whenever someone has something interesting to share, someone else comes in with (sometimes) something more interesting and the other one gets lost....

So how bout it, JayDubya?? is there even a chance of us gettin one? Does anyone else want it? Maybe I'll do up a poll..........

Old 06-09-2010, 12:37 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

People complain about how they can't afford insurance, yet when the hospital bill comes, they can't afford that either. The reason insurance is so high is because of all the bad debt right-offs from people who don't have insurance, and all the illegal immigrants who come into the ER.

Insurance is a necessary evil. Learn how to adjust your lifestyle to accommodate it. Do I enjoy paying $300 a month for it? No, but the wife and I manage. We could be paying off my truck sooner, or paying for some house repairs, but instead, I can get timely medical care and pay a minimum for it. Eat out less, cut back here, cut back there... adjust.

It doesn't pay for everything, but its there when you have these huge bills. If you had had insurance, you'd probably only have to pay a $750 or $500 deductible and insurance would pay the rest. There are also charities and non-profits that will help you pay your bills if you had asked at the hospital, rather than just letting it sit there as an unpaid debt.

Even with Obamacare, you'll have to pay something.

I have nothing against you bigslick, and I don't mean this as a personal attack, I apologize if it came off that way. You just struck a chord, so to speak, as so many do what you are doing. My wife is a RN, so I hear about it a lot.

sorry to keep this going Jason, i just needed to respond to this...

The reason i dont have insurence, is because i moved from Maine to MA....so i had to get newcoverage....but when i got my first job down here, and went to go get insurence...they said i made to much money....and ive been trying to find a way to get coverage for almost a year now....and i dont want to get a hospital bill...i mean yes ill make the payments, but if i cant afford it off the get go, its to expensive, so dont do it, and take care of yourself....

Old 06-09-2010, 01:25 PM
rwisaacks
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxx_Magnum
mine's the same way.... 2nd gen section is what I have bookmarked....

I still think we should have our own ot subforum.... you know it would get a ton of use from us, and it would keep our OT topics a little more organized. ie. bigtman found a sweet T-rex but no one knows about it because of the page and a half of political ranting... This is just the most recent example but you all know what I mean. A lot of good topics in the thread died unneccessarily cause whenever someone has something interesting to share, someone else comes in with (sometimes) something more interesting and the other one gets lost....

So how bout it, JayDubya?? is there even a chance of us gettin one? Does anyone else want it? Maybe I'll do up a poll..........
Sounds good to me. God forbid someone talk about something other than vehicles in an OFF TOPIC thread. From what I've seen in this thread thats it, besides maybe drinking and an occasional and riveting smelly fart post.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:15 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
sorry to keep this going Jason, i just needed to respond to this...

The reason i don't have insurance, is because i moved from Maine to MA....so i had to get new coverage....but when i got my first job down here, and went to go get insurance...they said i made to much money....and I've been trying to find a way to get coverage for almost a year now....and i don't want to get a hospital bill...i mean yes ill make the payments, but if i cant afford it off the get go, its to expensive, so don't do it, and take care of yourself....
This wasn't the topic I wanted to stop. I wanted to stop the whole "lets overthrow the government" type topic. Not saying I'm a fan of the current administration, but lets keep it civil. I was going to let it go, but then when the "public justice" stuff started up, I had to step in and stop it.

There are certain things that just need to be in the OT section.

Originally Posted by rwisaacks
Sounds good to me. God forbid someone talk about something other than vehicles in an OFF TOPIC thread. From what I've seen in this thread thats it, besides maybe drinking and an occasional and riveting smelly fart post.
There is an entire off topic section waiting for you, just off the main page, if you don't like how this thread is ran, smart a**.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:27 PM
rwisaacks
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This wasn't the topic I wanted to stop. I wanted to stop the whole "lets overthrow the government" type topic. Not saying I'm a fan of the current administration, but lets keep it civil. I was going to let it go, but then when the "public justice" stuff started up, I had to step in and stop it.

There are certain things that just need to be in the OT section.

There is an entire off topic section waiting for you, just off the main page, if you don't like how this thread is ran, smart a**.
Okay

Old 06-10-2010, 11:35 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

To those who ride ATVs and such, where do you buy tires? I'm looking for a set of Carlisle All Trails for my Cub.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:42 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try ebay

Old 06-10-2010, 11:45 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Screw eBay. First time I bid on there and tried to figure out how it worked, I was pissed. Lost that damn Sears Suburban.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:01 AM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah it takes a little while to get it set up but I use it all the time and saves allot of money and time

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread