2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That Halftime show sucked.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:50 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

so did the hometeam loose?

Old 02-03-2013, 08:52 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is someone playing today?

Old 02-03-2013, 08:52 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
That Halftime show sucked.
And they always will. Unless they get some "real" musical talent to play at the shows...

Edit: Gdstock, the Ravens are playing. Nobody else showed up

Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Name:  dodge_zpsaa7e3328.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  57.3 KB

Old 02-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I run windows (still on XP. ) simply because my games won't run under Mac O/S.

Vista wasn't an "upgrade".......

Win 7 is actually pretty good, but, I still object to Microsoft removing directsound from directx. Turns your nice highdollar hardware accelerated sound card into something no better than onboard chips. There are workarounds for that, but, they are just that, workarounds..... Given that MS is going to drop support for XP soon, and I already can't find printer drivers for my O/S (XP 64 bit.) I am going to have to bite the bullet soon, and 'upgrade' to 7. I don't like 8.

How does Microsoft define an upgrade? Replacing software that doesn't work, with software that doesn't work.. in a different way.
I still run XP Pro on my work laptop.

work desktop and all home desktops are on win7.

I had to install win 8 on the machine I built for my G/F's dad about a week ago...

win 8 has to be the biggest pile of **** OS I have ever seen!!!

they are really trying to make a desktop OS look like a f'in tablet or smartphone?!

and WTF?! they deleted the start menu?!

I will NEVER "upgrade" to windows 8...it is win ME all over again...win7 step forward...win-8, 10 steps back...

might as well be windows for work groups...bout as useful...

mac is equally useless. linux is good for servers and such, but not as a workstation. sorry linux lovers but there just isn't enough 3rd party support.

I don't see BF3 on linux.

I cant hook my trucks fueling box up to linux or a mac to reload tunes on it, so yeah...I'll stick with my trusty PC that never lets me down...

sure got a virus once or twice, but it only took me 10 minutes to completely eradicate them and prevent future injections. didn't cost me a dime either.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:29 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give it time, Android will take over.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wanna know mac durability?

in tech school we had a lab full of PC's and an apple rep let us borrow a brand new dual proc G5 server with all the latest and greatest (this was 10 years ago)

we played with it, and I will admit, the liquid cooling they built in was impressive. but we come back the next day...all PC's have been rebooted, the mac is dead.

there was a power surge that night and it caused the PC's to reboot.

well the mac I guess just had a death wish or something from being surrounded by so much greatness (PC's) that it fried itself...motherboard was completely toast....all it could do was flash a white light. resetting the cmos and draining capacitors and what not had no effect...it was never turning on again.

gave it back to mac and said no thanks lol... 40 PC's vs 1 mac in power surge...no casualties from the PC's. mac was a fatality...

not going to frys to fix that mac or get parts for it... everything in a mac is proprietary mac hardware. PC I can get parts anywhere for and completely customize/upgrade.

F-Apple!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
wanna know mac durability?

in tech school we had a lab full of PC's and an apple rep let us borrow a brand new dual proc G5 server with all the latest and greatest (this was 10 years ago)

we played with it, and I will admit, the liquid cooling they built in was impressive. but we come back the next day...all PC's have been rebooted, the mac is dead.

there was a power surge that night and it caused the PC's to reboot.

well the mac I guess just had a death wish or something from being surrounded by so much greatness (PC's) that it fried itself...motherboard was completely toast....all it could do was flash a white light. resetting the cmos and draining capacitors and what not had no effect...it was never turning on again.

gave it back to mac and said no thanks lol... 40 PC's vs 1 mac in power surge...no casualties from the PC's. mac was a fatality...

not going to frys to fix that mac or get parts for it... everything in a mac is proprietary mac hardware. PC I can get parts anywhere for and completely customize/upgrade.

F-Apple!
I've seen many a PC fry due to power surges and also have their hard drives go **** up in my 20+ years of working in I/T.

The Mac OS is built on the Unix kernal which is inherently more stable than Windows ever has been.

My Mac Mini is going on seven years of operation and rarely, if ever, needs to be restarted. I was lucky to ever get three years out of a PC.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Mac and PC are aimed at two different groups. PC is more mainstream, Mac is more specialized. If I was going to be doing heavy 3d design, or video/audio editing, I would want a Mac. For just about anything else, PC can do it just as well, for half the price.

Everyone has varying experiences with their hardware. When I worked at the ISP, we had our DNS running on a ten year old 386 machine. It was 15 when it finally gave up the ghost. I have had PC's last years, I have had them last days..... (warranty is a wonderful thing.) To flatly state that one is 'better' than the other, all depends on what you want to do with it. If you wanna play most of the mainstream games, don't buy a Mac..... (which is where my motivations lay....) Sure, most of the Mac's these days are intel-based, which means they CAN run Windows, but, I really don't see the point of paying more for the same hardware, just to install an O/S on it, so it will do what I want. (which is yet another additional expense.) Would rather spend the same amount of money on hardware, and get 30% more performance out of it..... I don't need a Mac for anything I do, and it WON'T do what I want it to.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread