2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 11:57 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is this mystical thing you call snow???
its gonna be 32 degrees tomarrow might see some ice on the grass if i wake up early enough

Old 12-13-2010, 12:05 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,387 Likes on 3,127 Posts

Originally Posted by redheadhunter21
what is this mystical thing you call snow???
its gonna be 32 degrees tomarrow might see some ice on the grass if i wake up early enough
Nasty white crap that falls from the sky. Likes to accumulate in places that require you to shovel it out of the way. To the point that there are MANY companies that make powered products for just such a purpose.... It's positively SCARY.

Makes roads REALLY exciting to drive on, and makes truck owners thankful that checked that "Four Wheel Drive" box. Unless they have the electronic 4wd, that always fails just when you need it most.

It IS pretty to look at though. Thru the window of the nice warm living room you are sitting in. Not so nice to go out in......

Old 12-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

but...but... I wanna plow tooooo Purpl!!

It's pouring rain here ATM, and our snow was already almost gone when I got up.....

Old 12-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

A quick vid I shot of the brook that runs beside our house, it's normally just a small calm brook, but the metric **** ton of rain we've gotten in the last few hours has turned it into a raging little river And it's still absolutely pouring here, supposed to all day and most of the night....
I shot this out of our bedroom window, it's usually nice in the summer with the windows open, goin to sleep with the sound of the brook flowing, but this is just annoying haha.... As you can see Purp, not much snow for plowing here now, although I've gotten 3 plows in already this year lol (twice in 1 storm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMWGRg07KXk

It flows underneath the road through a culvert,along the edge of my lawn, and down to another culvert towards the back of our lawn but that one gets plugged with debris, so it floods the neighbouring field pretty good at the lower end of it... Luckily my yard is built up anywhere from 8 feet to 10 feet above it, so no worries about flooding here

Old 12-13-2010, 02:34 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Get a kayak and ride down it!

Old 12-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

By morning I should be able to jetski on it lol.... they've upped it substantially to 180mm of rain by morning! If that were snow, it would be in the range of SEVEN FEET! Roads are flooded, basements are flooded, schools closed early in a lot of places today.... We NEVER see this kind of flash flooding around this area, especially not in the middle of frickin December!

And to top it all off, the wife called me this afternoon when she got off work to tell me that the big hunk of scrap metal (also known as a CHEVY Blazer) is allergic to water and wouldn't start. So of course I had to go rescue her. I picked up a can of WD-40 on the way and used 3/4's of it on the dist, coil, and wires but the useless goddamned thing still won't start. I imagine it's flooded to the nuts again, which means get it home and pull the plugs for a day or 2 and change the oil... AAARRRGGGHH! Hate that stupid Chevy! Left it there for tonight.

On the way home I came upon a huge section of road that was underwater, by about a foot or more! I hit the brakes but not soon enough, so I hit it and screeched the front tires through it. Couldn't see **** for water flying. Wife had a heart attack hahaha

edit to add: Someone on my FB posted some pics of St. Stephen, a town about a half hour or 45 mins from here, right at the Maine/NB border, and right on the Fundy Coast....

Here's a couple of them

This is some CRAZY **** for NB!! Especially halfway through december! We just had some thunder and lightning too! WTF?

Last edited by Maxx_Magnum; 12-13-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:24 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Global Warming.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anybody here happen to have a dikfer?

Old 12-14-2010, 01:21 PM
dodgetrucker75