2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 07:18 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
we have one about 20~ minutes away, but they want 250 for a dog to be put down. compared to our vet at only 65...
I meant that for the possibility of saving the critter, actually. Sounds a lot like renal failure induced by dehydration, which is often fixable.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:36 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
I meant that for the possibility of saving the critter, actually. Sounds a lot like renal failure induced by dehydration, which is often fixable.
he just had his 4th seizure of the day....

this is him, and my daughter taken about 2 years ago.....

Name:  Photo-0006.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  94.6 KB

Old 01-01-2013, 07:36 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope it works out for ya redneck, I know its hard losing a dog thats a part of the family.

Turns out I may have poison sumac and not ivy, doctor tomorrow to confirm and treat.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:07 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Redneck, try giving it some Vitamin C orally. That should help. DISCLAIMER: I am not a vetrinarian and am not intending to replace the advice of a professional vetrinarian. This suggestion is not intended to treat or cure any and all diseases. Disclaimer aside, I have seen similar things where giving Vitamin C got them back to a reasonable state within 2 hours, worse cases can take 24 hours to show any improvments.

Compiling a new kernel for my computer, been compiling for the past 1 1/2 hours, gotta be done by the time I finish chores, but I guess it takes the time it takes on a 1.13Ghz CPU....

Old 01-01-2013, 08:11 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by techningeer
Redneck, try giving it some Vitamin C orally. That should help. DISCLAIMER: I am not a vetrinarian and am not intending to replace the advice of a professional vetrinarian. This suggestion is not intended to treat or cure any and all diseases. Disclaimer aside, I have seen similar things where giving Vitamin C got them back to a reasonable state within 2 hours, worse cases can take 24 hours to show any improvments.

Compiling a new kernel for my computer, been compiling for the past 1 1/2 hours, gotta be done by the time I finish chores, but I guess it takes the time it takes on a 1.13Ghz CPU....
Linux man?

Old 01-01-2013, 08:31 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

You bet I am a Linux man.. Been all over... Was on the official Ubuntu Testing Team for their big release of Unity 11.04 and that was the last time I used Ubuntu... Use Debian now. Was a system administrator for a web server for a year and a half. Now I administer 4-6 computers and all except one run Linux. There was a point it was a "all-linux" office, just got a new laptop so I have not reinstalled it yet. Right now I am developing my own OS, which is based on Linux but is far more reliable and FAST... Imagine a genuine 3 second bootup. Yeah, in reality. I achieved that in testing. Sound interesting?

Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
You bet I am a Linux man.. Been all over... Was on the official Ubuntu Testing Team for their big release of Unity 11.04 and that was the last time I used Ubuntu... Use Debian now. Was a system administrator for a web server for a year and a half. Now I administer 4-6 computers and all except one run Linux. There was a point it was a "all-linux" office, just got a new laptop so I have not reinstalled it yet. Right now I am developing my own OS, which is based on Linux but is far more reliable and FAST... Imagine a genuine 3 second bootup. Yeah, in reality. I achieved that in testing. Sound interesting?
Include directx support, and I will be your first customer.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:05 PM
stewie01
Legend

The Unity interface in Ubuntu sucks *****! Slow and piggy.

I like xUbuntu, it's light weight and much more user friendly. But I haven't really liked Linux since Mandrake 8 and Red Hat 6.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

DirectX support as in what? Drivers for hardware? Or supporting programs? It can already run quite a few DirectX enabled programs. I have had great luck running 3D programs whether DirectX or OpenGL on it as it is just so much lighter, it can use the main CPU and RAM to aid the graphics card in 3D processing.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Bus speed between system ram, and ram on the vid card, is a pretty significant speed difference..... especially for gaming.

I want to be able to run my games on an O/S that is MUCH lighter than Windows..... Microsoft seems to want to be a 'do it all' (at the same time) O/S, and that eats performance..... So, if I could run directx games under a better O/S, I would be VERY happy.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread