2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 03:22 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 01-04-2013, 03:26 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

I think we're getting our wtf's and gibberishes mixed up....

Old 01-04-2013, 03:29 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Old 01-04-2013, 03:30 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
Well it aint just my browser so be careful there.
There are bug reports against Chrome/Chromium for that very issue... it ain't vB's fault. vB is pathetically stupid, certainly, but the googsters screwed the pooch this time. Too much hubris.

vB is terrible, but is there anything better? I am running MyBB on two of my forums and Spruz for another but Spruz is worse than vB...
If it's in PHP, it sucks. It came from the wrong end of the sow to be an ear, so there are fools trying to make silk purses with it.

As far as I can tell, all web forum software sucks. I've bled out my eyes and developed a terrible thirst for strong drink by reading the source of just about every such monstrosity there is... so it's now an itch that I'm out to scratch. It's just not high on my priorities list yet.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:39 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Son, you either **** with the big dogs or else stay on the porch with the puppies.

It's all good, here. Just roll with it.
Okay, I'm just taking things too literally ... As I usually do, but hopefully I can get over it.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:45 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
There are bug reports against Chrome/Chromium for that very issue... it ain't vB's fault. vB is pathetically stupid, certainly, but the googsters screwed the pooch this time. Too much hubris.

If it's in PHP, it sucks. It came from the wrong end of the sow to be an ear, so there are fools trying to make silk purses with it.

As far as I can tell, all web forum software sucks. I've bled out my eyes and developed a terrible thirst for strong drink by reading the source of just about every such monstrosity there is... so it's now an itch that I'm out to scratch. It's just not high on my priorities list yet.
Is it a bug in Chrome? I did not know that. Well I'm done with Chrome/Chromium now cause it just sucks the life out of your computer. Google has screwed up left and right esp with GMail. Any suggestions for the next browser?

PHP was never intended for forums IMO. Ever heard of RealSoftware? It's a executable program that runs on your server. Works awesome. They have an amazing IDE to go with it. Runs on both Linux and Windows. Personally I like to dynamically load PHP with JavaScript. Works soo much better with DHTML in the middle.

What you think bout WordPress?

Old 01-04-2013, 03:53 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i have had no problems with chrome yet.

maybe we should all go back to using BBS

Old 01-04-2013, 04:29 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it a bug in Chrome? I did not know that. Well I'm done with Chrome/Chromium now cause it just sucks the life out of your computer. Google has screwed up left and right esp with GMail. Any suggestions for the next browser?

PHP was never intended for forums IMO. Ever heard of RealSoftware? It's a executable program that runs on your server. Works awesome. They have an amazing IDE to go with it. Runs on both Linux and Windows. Personally I like to dynamically load PHP with JavaScript. Works soo much better with DHTML in the middle.

What you think bout WordPress?
I like Opera.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

BBS?

Opera is fair but fails to work with Outlook.com, which is important for me as that is where my email currently resides.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread