2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:33 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dlyter09
Sure could be.. The plenum is the root cause of problems for everything on these trucks
I know right!

Ha. Birthday dinner for my mom and sister at Macado's in Galax. Had a few drinks, started with a Strawberry Daiquiri, Long Island Iced Tea, and then a Green Dinosaur it was good.

Got kinda annoyed because I wanted a Tequila Sunrise but they don't have it on the menu anymore Bastards.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:43 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy thats alot of girly drinks. Even if you didnt have any beer you should have lied and put a few beers on that list of drinks. Man card revoked.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:48 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
Boy thats alot of girly drinks. Even if you didnt have any beer you should have lied and put a few beers on that list of drinks. Man card revoked.

Would a couple fingers of Bourbon suite you better?

Old 01-21-2013, 08:57 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

If I can turn rotors, and save the customer 10-100 bucks on a brake job, I will. I won't turn them below spec though. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen....

I even turn brand spanking new rotors, as you never know how long they have been sitting on the shelf, and they ain't always nice and true when you take 'em out of the box. I would much rather take a couple thousandths off right away, than have the customer come back with a pedal pulsation, and get to do all that work over again, for free.....

On trucks like mine, where the rotors are staked on to the hub, from BEHIND.... (gotta pull hub to get rotor off.) you can bet your *** I am going to turn the rotors to make damn sure they are true before putting it all back together. That is NOT a job a want to do twice.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:04 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

I turn rotors everyday and it is not a waste. We are required to turn them on every brake job. We only replace when there is not enough meat on them. If you turn a rotor correctly then it can be reused 2-3 times assuming they never got warpped horribly.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Sure maybe some Dewars. But you would need it poured into a fruit basket wouldnt you?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 PM
stewie01
Legend

Sure maybe some Dewars. But you would need it poured into a fruit basket wouldnt you?
Not a Scotch fan.

I like to mix my booze with orange juice. Vodka, Rum, Bourbon, Brandy, doesn't matter. OJ takes the bit off without nulling the alcohol.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:54 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
This is in response to a thread in the tech section, wanted to stay on topic so I'm posting it here.

My non-existent transfer case isn't working, do you think my plenum could be be the problem?

What color is the truck? (VW didn't chime in,......)

I know right!

Ha. Birthday dinner for my mom and sister at Macado's in Galax. Had a few drinks, started with a Strawberry Daiquiri, Long Island Iced Tea, and then a Green Dinosaur it was good.

Got kinda annoyed because I wanted a Tequila Sunrise but they don't have it on the menu anymore Bastards.
Any umbrellas in them drinks?

Not a Scotch fan.

I like to mix my booze with orange juice. Vodka, Rum, Bourbon, Brandy, doesn't matter. OJ takes the bit off without nulling the alcohol.

(sissy drinks....)

Old 01-21-2013, 10:00 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by gdstock
What color is the truck? (VW didn't chime in,......)
2 Tone, White and grey...

Any umbrellas in them drinks?
Nope.

(sissy drinks....)
Haha. I can't drink liquor straight, except for Southern Comfort, everything else gives me instant heartburn. Hard to enjoy a drink that way...

However I have a rule, whenever I buy a bottle of liquor, first drink is straight out of the bottle.

I'm more of a beer guy though.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:32 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i gave the microwave a small nudge over and found about 6 lighters on top of the 3 i could see.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread