2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have those too!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:19 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlyter09
Running tires at max PSI or over is just wrong.. I know absolutely nobody that does that.. Hell even the semis dont run their tires at max psi.. I have had this conversation with alot of mechanics and tire techs that agree with me.. Just cause it says 80 psi dont mean you run that or more... There is no need for that type of tire on a half ton pickup.. And I dont think there is much room for you to be calling people an idiot who dont run their tires at MAX PSI... Some poor bastard will read this information and think its ok.. Go out and drop 80 pounds of air into a tire and go down the highway and have a blowout.. If a tire has a max psi rating of say 55 psi.. I will run that tire at 40lbs and never have any wear issues with them at all..

Dont take any offense but look at what I made bold in your statement.. You read it?? Your saying that when you were towing more than double what your truck was made for... Go out and put 80 psi in your tires.. Go for an hour long drive down the highway and check your pressure... You will be WAY over what your tire is rated for and will have a nasty blowout.. You have gotten lucky in so many ways its not even funny.. Towing 15-20k pound with your half ton and over inflating your tires??? Yea death trap rolling.. Go buy a lottery ticket cause you are one lucky SOB...

Done with my little rant now....
Well I will finish up this topic with one quick rant then we can call it quits on the tire subject LOL...

First off, i made no mention in my post about tire pressure in relation to overload towing. And I NEVER EVER said I over inflate! Yes I do know tires gain pressure as they warm up. I allow 4 PSI, which around here is usually adequate. So they were usually around 76PSI. I made proper provisions. Like I said before, if you can prove wrong my practice of keeping tires at max PSI, I will be happy to change my ways and thinking. Remember that.

I have yet to have a tire get over max PSI. When towing I always check tires when filling fuel. They are always warm but I never have to let air out. And no I am NOT a son of a dog!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:19 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Tire rant complete. Truce?

Old 01-29-2013, 08:21 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
I have those too!
get me some pics!

Originally Posted by techningeer
And no I am NOT a son of a dog!!!!!!
our new puppy has multiple fathers......

Old 01-29-2013, 08:22 PM
stewie01
Legend

Once when I was a kid I filled up my bicycle tire, rode it home and it BLEW!!!

Edit:

Redneck, I'll get some pics and send you a PM tomorrow.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
Once when I was a kid I filled up my bicycle tire, rode it home and it BLEW!!!

Edit:

Redneck, I'll get some pics and send you a PM tomorrow.

that musta been one painful *******, with the tire continuously spinning around and all.

sounds good, i look forward to the pics!

Old 01-29-2013, 09:02 PM
stewie01
Legend

Fun Facts about Nuclear Radiation:

Average annual radiation dose is 360 millirems per person. 300 from natural sources.

Sleeping next to someone for 8 hours: 2 mrems
Exposure comes from the naturally radioactive potassium in the other person's body

Coal plant, living within 50 miles: .03 mrem
There is much thorium and uranium in coal. Living within 50 miles of a nuclear power plant adds .009 mrem of exposure. Both figures are considered extremely low levels.

Living in a masonry home: 7 mrems
Stone, brick and adobe have natural radioisotopes in them.

Living on the Earth: 200 mrems
We are living in a sea of radon. It is made from the natural decay of uranium and thorium in the soil, left over from the creation of the solar system. Radon is a rare gas that diffuses out of soil and into the air. It contributes more than half of our background exposure.

Smoking: up to 16,000 mrems
The tobacco leaf acts like the absorbing surface of charcoal in a radon test kit. It collects long-lived isotopes of airborne radon, like lead-210 and polonium. Small portions of the lungs can get relatively whopping doses, compared to background levels.

Porcelain teeth or crowns: tenths of a rem
Uranium is often added to these dental products to increase whiteness and florescence.

Air Travel: 1 mrem per 1000 miles
30,000 feet above the ground you're closer to the ionizing radiation (high-energy gammas well as particles) from the sun.

Grand Central Station, NYC: 120 mrem for employees
Its granite walls have a high uranium content.

Brazil Nuts:
This is the world's most radioactive food due to high radium concentrations 1000-times that of average foods.

The US Capitol Building in Washington DC:
This building is so radioactive, due to the high uranium content in its granite walls, it could never be licensed as a nuclear power reactor site.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:27 PM
stewie01
Legend

Ok, here's my rant, WHY does the news media still report an AR-15 being used in the Sandy Hook shooting, when the AR-15 was found later by police in the truck of the car he was using? Why did the medical examiner say the "long weapon" was used for each of the deaths when the gun was in the truck of car?

It's been long enough for the news media to get their **** straight or for the government to fess up about the whole thing.

There's so much misinformation about the whole damn thing. Have you seen the Robbie Parker video? The few seconds of him smiling and laughing and saying "ready to start", as the camera was rolling before it went live?

Really makes ya wonder.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Got the cooling system work done on the Ford. Trans fluid is draining right now. Gonna put a new filter on it too...

I discovered something: There are about as many different methods of changing transmission fluid and filter as there are trucks with a automatic transmission!!! And Ford does not recommend, or Ford Company HQ, changing the tranny filter unless it is being rebuilt. But Ford Cert techs recommend to do it. Maybe that's why some of these E4ODs only got 40K before needing a rebuild... And those that got fluid and filter change every 15K are the ones that get 250K before needing rebuild...

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread