2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I run windows (still on XP. ) simply because my games won't run under Mac O/S.

Vista wasn't an "upgrade".......

Win 7 is actually pretty good, but, I still object to Microsoft removing directsound from directx. Turns your nice highdollar hardware accelerated sound card into something no better than onboard chips. There are workarounds for that, but, they are just that, workarounds..... Given that MS is going to drop support for XP soon, and I already can't find printer drivers for my O/S (XP 64 bit.) I am going to have to bite the bullet soon, and 'upgrade' to 7. I don't like 8.

How does Microsoft define an upgrade? Replacing software that doesn't work, with software that doesn't work.. in a different way.
That's called a feature.

And yes, I know Vista sucked big donkey *****, which is why I wasn't going to "upgrade" to it.

The one person I know who didn't think Vista was that bad is the kind of guy who is "plugged into the Collective" of Microsoft. When I told him not everyone gets off spending weeks tweaking a system to run properly like he does he denied doing so. I told him he should just admit that he did. Even the networking guys where I work hated Vista.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Windows 7 on my Toshiba laptop and it's flawless. I never have any issues.

Got 2 older machines with Xp Pro that perform well too.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:27 PM
mibzzer15
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
That's called a feature.

And yes, I know Vista sucked big donkey *****, which is why I wasn't going to "upgrade" to it.

The one person I know who didn't think Vista was that bad is the kind of guy who is "plugged into the Collective" of Microsoft. When I told him not everyone gets off spending weeks tweaking a system to run properly like he does he denied doing so. I told him he should just admit that he did. Even the networking guys where I work hated Vista.
I agree with that one person...Vista didn't suck TOO bad....but I AM the type of person that likes to tweak stuff...Plus I don't always go to deep into the OS anyways, so honestly it wasn't too bad for myself, but for others, I did understand why it sucked....I hated XP, *liked* vista, love win7, and somewhat dislike win8 (because of the touchscreen biased metro style interface).

Old 02-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You got those friggin step bars on yet or what mibzzer15?

Old 02-03-2013, 03:38 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
I would like to upgrade to a newer Mac that's running a solid-state drive; however, I have zero use for these newer machines that are coming with one-half Terabyte of storage. My current machine has an 80GB drive of which only ~40GB is being used. I'm not one of those who feels the need to pirate and store Gigabytes of movies and music.
i don't think i could go back to such a small drive. each time i changed computers all my files and folders just got tossed in a folder on the desktop of the new computer which has got me a 106GB folder. lots of pictures and family video's that i can't remember if i burnt to dvd or not for people. in the last 6 months don't even think i used 100gb of bandwidth.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:58 PM
tired old man
Veteran

Naturally he does not drive the Prius in the winter but I will try to get some pictures when the nice weather comes back.

It truly is a silly thing to behold.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:10 PM
mibzzer15
Professional

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
You got those friggin step bars on yet or what mibzzer15?
I tried, I know they came off of your single cab so I wanted to try and fit them on my quad cab anyways. End result they didn't fit on the quad cab. I have them sitting in the backyard right now still.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well that sucks. I gave you a helluva deal on shipping.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:55 PM
renardk764
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-03-2013, 05:58 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Still waiting on Tech's pictures of the big bad FURD doin work son!!!

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread