2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 06:16 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jigabop
that thing is indestructible! think is a tank let it sit for 6 months, and go out to the shed, roll it out, turn the fuel on, pull the choke, first kick its running those old honda motors were heavy and gutless, but they sure don't know how to die! probably one of the most reliable motorcycle motors around. You can abuse they hell out of them and they beg for more!

this is my '79 XR250:

but I don't really ride it much. more of a backup bike now a days...

The one I actually ride more often '03 KX250:

Much lighter and much faster

weighs over 100lbs less than the XR (xr = 350lbs, kx = 220lbs) and has double the top speed and power....
Is that a goat?

Cool goat.
Originally Posted by beginningjockey
Just got done replacing the tailgate latch on the Caravan. Wasn't too hard, new latch works ALOT better

ON the other hand I am extremely annoyed. My invoicing software keeps messing up on the balance due on customer's invoices. I checked all my data that I've entered in and it is correct. Now I'm waiting on tech support to respond... They said no more than 8 business hours, but their in Australia!
*They're.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:20 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

*Guy from Louisana shows up*

*magically a fan boat shows up*

*dude hops in and takes off*

PROBLEM DRIVERS?

Old 05-29-2013, 09:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
This is what the Don Valley Parkway in Toronto looked like this morning. looks like it would be so much fun to drive through.
Isn't that about 3 feet of water??

Attached Thumbnails The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread-9087_602582079766031_875970347_n.jpg  
Old 05-29-2013, 10:03 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

and your point is? i think the tire on my ramcharger are 29" so water would only be 7" above the tires. don't think it would get to anything important except that water would start pouring into the cab if i stopped.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Tossed around by the mechanical fan too.... that could be fun.

I have gone thru deeper, but, not much, and not nearly that far. But, that was with my full size blazer with 4" lift..... I haven't gotten that brave with my truck yet. Just trying to save some cash so I can go to the off-road park not to far from here. I wanna test things out in a semi-controlled environment. Would like to bring a friend too... but first, gotta have a friend that wants to go.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:19 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

the fan would just act like a propeller and pull the truck through the water. its not like i have a open element air cleaner.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:34 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
the fan would just act like a propeller and pull the truck through the water. its not like i have a open element air cleaner.

It's fitting.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:48 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

it would work just like this

Old 05-29-2013, 11:51 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Nice.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:23 AM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in the early '70's I owned a '47 Willis Jeep. It was nothing special, just a little 'farm' jeep, with a little flat head 4 banger and a three speed floor shift. It was four wheel drive and came with 16.5” wheels and when I first got it, it had the genuine military lug tires on it.

One day when I was out in South Dakota buying ammunition at the big army surplus place I turned up a water proofing and snorkel kit for my jeep. It was not quite new in the box but seemed to be complete and very reasonably priced so I bought it.

It took me a while to get it all put on the jeep and I did not trust the waterproofing stuff I put on the engine but eventually I started driving it through the creek on the land I had my trap line on with good success.

One day I took it up to a public area at Lost Lake. Ya, I know there are a zillion little ponds and mini lakes in Wisconsin called lost lake but this was the closest one tomy home town of Bruce, anyway I took the jeep darn near half way across the lake before I got worried about a drop off and drove it back.

I was in water that was deep enough that I had to stand up in the seat to keep from drowning. The water was darn near the air inlet for the carburetor but it was running fine.

Once it was out of the water and mostly drained I headed to town to check things out. First thing I did was go to the car wash and wash it thoroughly. Then I started checking fluids. There was no water anywhere it did not belong. The seats even dried nicely in a few days.

I had worried that it would smell like fish or something for the rest of its life but that did not happen.Of course the seats were stuffed with horse hair or something and there was no carpet at all. It was mostly open most of the time. I did have a sort of a cab made mostly of tin and canvas that I put on in the winter.

I had worried that the battery would be totaled because there was no provision to waterproof it but it too was fine. I didn't even blow a single fuse.

Last edited by tired old man; 05-30-2013 at 03:10 AM.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread