2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 12:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Originally Posted by PrestonEidsmoe
I posted this on another thread but, though I would reach out to this audience too.

I was taking my Daughter and Girlfriend to do some clothes shopping. Well me being a guy, that didn't do much for me so, on my way there I saw a dump truck with (about) a 10 yard bucket on the back, broke down on the freeway off ramp. I dropped the lady's off and rushed back to try out my towing ability on a huge broken down object.

I pulled over the over pass and spotted my new found toy sitting and blocking all kinds of freeway traffic. I pulled in front and off to the right. When I got out, I saw a policeman talking to the truck driver. I figured screw it, I am going to do this. I walked up to the cop and asked if I could help by pulling this broke down truck off the freeway. They smiled and said, "do you really think you can do that?" I smiled and said, no problem. lol I was hoping it would not be a problem but, I had never done this before.lol Mind you, i just got this truck, no more than 3 weeks prior. I do not even have permanent license plates on it yet.lol

I found my nylon tow strap, hooked it to the front of the dump truck and tightened up the slack. The cop stopped traffic and allowed me to start the pull. The rear tires (Brand new) spun and the dump truck did not move. I quickly locked in 4X4 and put the transfer case in low 4. I believe he had his rig in gear but, my truck pulled with all of its strength. The more I pulled the faster we went. I had to put it in 2nd, she was moving just fine. Again, I could hear the truck engine compression fighting me around the corner, a block down the road and off to a safe turn out on the side of the road.

After we got to our parking place, I pulled the strap as he offered me money. I refused the money, told him it was more for the bragging rights.lol Proud of my little truck, I rolled up the nylon strap and headed on my way. Dodge beats Dump Truck. Triple rear axle and 10 yards bucket. TRUMP!
I like 'good Samaritan' stories. I stop and help whenever I can, as ya just never know when YOU are going to be the one needing help.

What goes around, comes around.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 06-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 06-20-2013, 01:59 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well my "good samaritan" story isn't as impressive as pulling a dump truck, yesterday while picking up my daughter from Leap Ahead (in the pouring rain) there was a Dodge Ram a few vehicles ahead of me, line started moving, the Ram didn't go anywhere, she signaled everyone to go around, as I drove by she must have been trying to start it as I heard the dead battery "click click".

Got my daughter, saw that no one was stopping to help, so I went back up the road asked if she needed a jump start and if she had cables, got turned around and her battery was dead, it took about 10 minutes before it would turn over...

That's my story...

Old 06-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PrestonEidsmoe
I posted this on another thread but, though I would reach out to this audience too.

I was taking my Daughter and Girlfriend to do some clothes shopping. Well me being a guy, that didn't do much for me so, on my way there I saw a dump truck with (about) a 10 yard bucket on the back, broke down on the freeway off ramp. I dropped the lady's off and rushed back to try out my towing ability on a huge broken down object.

I pulled over the over pass and spotted my new found toy sitting and blocking all kinds of freeway traffic. I pulled in front and off to the right. When I got out, I saw a policeman talking to the truck driver. I figured screw it, I am going to do this. I walked up to the cop and asked if I could help by pulling this broke down truck off the freeway. They smiled and said, "do you really think you can do that?" I smiled and said, no problem. lol I was hoping it would not be a problem but, I had never done this before.lol Mind you, i just got this truck, no more than 3 weeks prior. I do not even have permanent license plates on it yet.lol

I found my nylon tow strap, hooked it to the front of the dump truck and tightened up the slack. The cop stopped traffic and allowed me to start the pull. The rear tires (Brand new) spun and the dump truck did not move. I quickly locked in 4X4 and put the transfer case in low 4. I believe he had his rig in gear but, my truck pulled with all of its strength. The more I pulled the faster we went. I had to put it in 2nd, she was moving just fine. Again, I could hear the truck engine compression fighting me around the corner, a block down the road and off to a safe turn out on the side of the road.

After we got to our parking place, I pulled the strap as he offered me money. I refused the money, told him it was more for the bragging rights.lol Proud of my little truck, I rolled up the nylon strap and headed on my way. Dodge beats Dump Truck. Triple rear axle and 10 yards bucket. TRUMP!
if you really wanna see what that v10 can do, bring it to a sled pulling competition

40,000lb sleds actively trying to bury themselves into the ground as you tow them...(the sled weight moves from the back of the sled to the front of the sled as you pull it. and the front of the sled goes wheels up so you are essentially dragging a blade through the dirt with 20 tons of weight on it that moves to the front to really bury that blade down)

you just try to get to the end of the run before the sled buries down and stops your truck in its tracks... they measure how far you get vs how far other trucks in your class get.

I'd do it, but I'm pretty sure I would either bend my frame or break something...

so not going to do it haha...problem with having a lot of power is not breaking something when there is enough resistance behind you to challenge that power...

also having compound twin turbos means I will be put in a much higher power class than I should be put in making it near impossible to compete with the other trucks with far more power...

Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those v10s like to pull.. But The one at work struggles with 15k trailers up a slight hill... Not overly impressed.. Now our cummins is a different story

Old 06-20-2013, 07:48 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i broke the derailer on my bike today. i guess it don't like me flying off curbs like it use to.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:56 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, finish the frame and PAINT IT!! It would look freaking awesome if you'd just finish it!

Old 06-20-2013, 08:40 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

no point in painting it till i fix it now. plus i need to finish my sand blasting cabinet first.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:07 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone else with a Samsung GS3 having problems connecting it to computer via USB Cable?

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread