2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Miles per gallon- What are you getting?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Nereaga
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Halojm
Ok, here it goes, I'm going to test which grade of fuel, 87, 89, or 91 Octane with the 10% ethanol, does better. If I find an ethanol free station I will try that too. Yes they are still out there.
My driving is 23miles one way to work, 10miles of which are rural roads, 10 miles highway and 3 miles city. I plan on doing the posted speed limits as much as I can. And use some tips and tricks of driving I've acquired. I will stop and fill up as soon as the fuel light comes on, topping off the first time the pump stops, instead of squeezing the extra dollar in it.

First fill up is 91 octane. Stay tuned!!!
Sounds good, keep us posted

Old 11-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Only time I checked was shortly after I got the truck. Got a shade over 13. Haven't checked since, seems every time I fill up I end up siphoning some gas out for the mower, tiller, shredder or something. Have made some changes since then and am curious as to whether I'm getting 14 now.

I think one of the largest factors in fuel mileage is driving habits. The more power you make, the more you tend to use it. It is for me anyway. The better it runs, the more I tend to romp on it screwing up my mileage. Oh well, it's a gas hog, might as well enjoy it.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:05 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I have a feeling it is similar in a way to my Dakota. Driving like grandma or driving it like I stole it meant only a difference of 1-2 mpg at the most.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Halojm
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Octane

91 Octane= 13.09 MPG, 296 miles @ 22.6 gallons fill up

Two towns over at this Podunk Maw&Paw station was a sign that said ETHANOL FREE GAS. That's in my tank now, I do not know what Octane.... All the pump said was Premium. It was however, .40 more per gallon than the local chains. But hey my money went to the Maw&Paw store and Paw reassured me it is ETHANOL FREE.

Quick Reply: Miles per gallon- What are you getting?