2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Audio Equipment Help, Just Ask Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:02 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the Infinity Reference speakers. Not as nice as the Infinity Kappa or better, but not as costly, and my aftermarket HU can power them without an amp. Would they sound better with an amp? Probably, but I just don't want to get that serious about it.

I'd listen closely to what Chris (Laramie) has to say. He's helped out a lot of people with his audio knowledge.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:12 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I 2nd that he put together my trucks audio.

I'm Still thinking of getting an amp.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:12 PM
vr4oaks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been debating on getting a fold out lcd display, what would you recommend for most features with best price and durability. Also the 6x9s you recommended would it go good with my 2 10ins powered by a 1600 audiobahns?

Old 08-10-2010, 03:38 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone have any suggestions for my problem^

Old 08-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vr4oaks
I've been debating on getting a fold out lcd display, what would you recommend for most features with best price and durability. Also the 6x9s you recommended would it go good with my 2 10ins powered by a 1600 audiobahns?
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVHP...ures_and_specs

The infinities would, yes. Here is the thing, they are kinda soft about reproducing bass. A lot of that has to deal with the fact that they are still a 6X9 speaker, but some is the speaker build. A 6X9 speaker will not have the same bass response that a true round speaker will. If a person is putting in subwoofers, then I don't usually feel that they need to mess with converting the 6X9 openings to a round adaptation.

You could also look at Alpine Type R and S speakers...

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
anyone have any suggestions for my problem^
Honestly, it could be a lot of things. Didn't realize that you were asking a question to be honest. It could be that you've blown the speakers (Yes, I've seen every speaker in a car/truck blown before), or it could be that you don't have the components matched up. Then again, it could be low end products. Never really dealt with Phoenix.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:11 PM
FarmBoy428
Veteran

If your looking for a site to buy the best audio equipment and get the lowest price for them check out a this site. I have used them for the past year and a half now. And have had great luck with them.

Sonicelectronix.com

For BigRedRam they have a box for 2nd gens with the reg cab, and they have boxes for the extended cab.

Right now I am working on a wall, I will get pics posted of the box when I start getting to cut it, I have everything almost ready to cut. Now I just need to measure again, and again just to be sure because MDF is pricey and I don't want to run 30 Miles to another town to get another sheet.

Sorry I been gone for a couple days guys, just been busy drawing and drafting, and doing calculations for my new wall, that will go in my truck.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:42 PM
JRob238
Professional

Originally Posted by FarmBoy428
If your looking for a site to buy the best audio equipment and get the lowest price for them check out a this site. I have used them for the past year and a half now. And have had great luck with them.

Sonicelectronix.com

For BigRedRam they have a box for 2nd gens with the reg cab, and they have boxes for the extended cab.

Right now I am working on a wall, I will get pics posted of the box when I start getting to cut it, I have everything almost ready to cut. Now I just need to measure again, and again just to be sure because MDF is pricey and I don't want to run 30 Miles to another town to get another sheet.

Sorry I been gone for a couple days guys, just been busy drawing and drafting, and doing calculations for my new wall, that will go in my truck.
Ok dont take this the wrong way Farmboy but your big kid pants on here.

I see you have a decent general knowledge to some of what your saying but I can also see that you dont know much about what your saying.

1. why run a splitter on a single power wire to a single amp? Makes no sense.
2. 2 gauge wire on 1000watt amp is way too big. An average 1000w amp is more than likely only putting out 3 or 400 rms on a single channel.
3. you may know Steve Mead but I highly doubt he is your "boy" He is up in his 30's to 40's. From your previous posts you 16. I could be wrong but I smell bs.

So chime in when your 100% positive on your advice. Also read others posts carefully your missing vital info that they are giving you.

like I said dont take me the wrong way just keep it in mind. Because when your advice causes a member to fry their amp you will def get flammed. Running 2 gauge wire could over power the amp and fry it.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:10 AM
FarmBoy428
Veteran

Originally Posted by JRob238
Ok dont take this the wrong way Farmboy but your big kid pants on here.

I see you have a decent general knowledge to some of what your saying but I can also see that you dont know much about what your saying.

1. why run a splitter on a single power wire to a single amp? Makes no sense.
2. 2 gauge wire on 1000watt amp is way too big. An average 1000w amp is more than likely only putting out 3 or 400 rms on a single channel.
3. you may know Steve Mead but I highly doubt he is your "boy" He is up in his 30's to 40's. From your previous posts you 16. I could be wrong but I smell bs.

So chime in when your 100% positive on your advice. Also read others posts carefully your missing vital info that they are giving you.

like I said dont take me the wrong way just keep it in mind. Because when your advice causes a member to fry their amp you will def get flammed. Running 2 gauge wire could over power the amp and fry it.
Okay, like I said before and your misconception of not reading is that " A 2 Gauge Wire Will Not Fit In My Amp, And The Kit Came With It In Case My Amp Couldn't Use 2 Gauge Wire, So It also Had About 10ft Of 6 Gauge, And Came With A Splitter. So That Is Why I Use A Splitter. "

Now do you understand?
If not then I don't know what the F*ck to tell you.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:24 AM
FarmBoy428
Veteran

Originally Posted by vr4oaks
Fold out monitors are awesome, I had a Pioneer AVH-P5200BT in my dads 1994 Honda Accord, until someone stole it. And they can get a bit pricey.
But I found one that has a some good features and stuff along with it.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...r+SD-900W.html

Here are the 6x9's
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ch+P1692S.html

I don't know what your budget range is.
Hope I helped.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:28 AM
FarmBoy428
Veteran

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
i put in a phoenix gold ryval amp and phoenix gold front woofers and tweeters and it sounds like crap when turned up, alot of distortion i guess youd say, kinda crackly and gargly.......pioneer HU
The way I tune mine is, turn your head unit up to as loud as your gonna be listening to it, then adjust the gain and what not on amp until you get distortion then back it off slightly until it sounds clean again, just listen and use your ears until you think it sounds right. That way your amp is tuned to your subs at max volume with the least amount of distortion and can prolong the life of your speakers and subs, depending on how you have it tuned.

Theres your answer. Sorry I been gone for a while.

Quick Reply: Audio Equipment Help, Just Ask Questions.