2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

cash for clunkers

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:04 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default cash for clunkers

just think if you traded in your truck it could have been her !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5HP0...eature=related

must say they had to beat it forever for it too die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gic2F...eature=related

POOR TRUCKS

Old 01-19-2011, 05:34 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

POOR TRUCKS
They were ugly and look beat, it was their time. I got some good parts off the cash for clunkers trucks, so I'm not sad. Some must die to keep the others running.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:05 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
They were ugly and look beat, it was their time. I got some good parts off the cash for clunkers trucks, so I'm not sad. Some must die to keep the others running.
eh, it is still a shame to see. Kinda made me sad to see an indy in great shape end up in the junkyard back home when CFC went on. Just wanted the 3k trade I guess or whatever it was.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:17 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Originally Posted by pcfixerpro
eh, it is still a shame to see. Kinda made me sad to see an indy in great shape end up in the junkyard back home when CFC went on. Just wanted the 3k trade I guess or whatever it was.
Did you see the pics I posted of the Indy and SS/T at my local junkyard that were traded in for CFC? That was sad, but look at it this way, someone got some really nice bumpers, tailgate, hood, doors, seats, dash cover, and wheels from those trucks.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:34 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Did you see the pics I posted of the Indy and SS/T at my local junkyard that were traded in for CFC? That was sad, but look at it this way, someone got some really nice bumpers, tailgate, hood, doors, seats, dash cover, and wheels from those trucks.
I might have seen the pics when cfc was going on, but ill be honest I don't remember them now. (Have a great memory, it is just very short ) Yeah thats true man. I've gotten my fair share of jy parts. Last trip was to add cruise control to my base truck.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:39 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Originally Posted by pcfixerpro
I might have seen the pics when cfc was going on, but ill be honest I don't remember them now. (Have a great memory, it is just very short ) Yeah thats true man. I've gotten my fair share of jy parts. Last trip was to add cruise control to my base truck.
My current JY addition I'm working on is fog lights controlled by the factory switch. I think I know what I need to tap into, just need to try it out. Next up will have to be the overhead console, then power heated leather seats.

Since I like torturing you guys, here they are:
Name:  005-4.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  99.8 KB
Name:  002-3.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  90.3 KB

Old 01-19-2011, 07:15 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

My current JY addition I'm working on is fog lights controlled by the factory switch. I think I know what I need to tap into, just need to try it out. Next up will have to be the overhead console, then power heated leather seats.

Since I like torturing you guys, here they are:

Damn. Yeah i looked into the fog light add on but decided I would cost to much to be worth it. Local yards don't have the fog bezels in good shape. fogs that are in the jy are fog'd (slaps knee), so to buy a new set off ebay or somethign would cost. I too would want it off of the factory switch. I pulled the bezel and didn't find an extra plug back there, then dug into the fsm and looks like the wiring might be in the main socket already. Never looked for the other end though... With the lack of 98+ trucks in my area... again, a switch would cost more money anyway. Fogs on my push bar do the trick. Good luck with the swap though

Old 01-19-2011, 07:19 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Hehe, I love/hate my junkyards. I got a marker light and a headlight switch for $25. But the trucks there are absolutley picked clean.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:42 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

alot of 1st gens in the backround :/

Old 01-19-2011, 08:01 PM
TheBigRedOne

Beat old trucks. meh, good to have them off the road.

Quick Reply: cash for clunkers