2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Need Paint ?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Pacmanloads
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Paint ?????

Well This winter was really hard on the Ram . Got a couple holes in the fenders now and lots of rust starting to show . Gonna have to strip it down and patch the old girl up . So as I was out and about today I swung by Line-X who just opened a shop near by and got an estimate on covering the entire truck . He showed me pictures of a Chevy he had done and did a really good job . He gave me a price of $3000 if I did all the patch work and had it ready for him to Tape and Spray . What do you think ?

Old 03-15-2011, 06:11 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacmanloads
Well This winter was really hard on the Ram . Got a couple holes in the fenders now and lots of rust starting to show . Gonna have to strip it down and patch the old girl up . So as I was out and about today I swung by Line-X who just opened a shop near by and got an estimate on covering the entire truck . He showed me pictures of a Chevy he had done and did a really good job . He gave me a price of $3000 if I did all the patch work and had it ready for him to Tape and Spray . What do you think ?
Unless that stuff is hundreds of dollars a pint, that is hideously expensive. Seems to me, he wants you to do all the hard work, and then pay HIM for it. Way too much money. You could have a body shop fix the body work, AND paint it for that kind of money.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Pacmanloads
Captain

Unless that stuff is hundreds of dollars a pint, that is hideously expensive. Seems to me, he wants you to do all the hard work, and then pay HIM for it. Way too much money. You could have a body shop fix the body work, AND paint it for that kind of money.
Well I can prep it and have it painted cheap enough , but the paint only lasts a couple of years and the fist time I go off road it looks horrible with all the scratches . I'm not going to sell it as it is my off road toy and I only use it around town to pick up lumber ( MOVE OTHER PEOPLE ) and other large things . I only really want to do this prep work one last time . I know getting the box spayed usually costs between $400 and $600 . I know it is a lot of work and a lot of hours to spray an entire truck and have it look decent . His price includes my racing stripe up the hood and stripe down the side in gray as well at the top coat so it's not so dull .

Old 03-16-2011, 03:19 AM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is few pics of the DIY stuff you can do your selft,, Line-X maybe stronger?

Name:  n69400886_30942889_6378.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  81.1 KB

Name:  Picture008-1.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  155.7 KB

Name:  IM000648.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  244.7 KB

Old 03-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Dave Mishchenko

Originally Posted by dodgeram07
here is few pics of the DIY stuff you can do your selft,, Line-X maybe stronger?
What did you use for your truck?

Old 03-27-2011, 10:23 PM
hirschy
Veteran

I think its Motorbrreath's truck and it said in his profile its Herculine.

If I'm wrong please correct me.

Jeff

Old 03-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Pacmanloads
Captain

Well I think I have made up my mind and I'm going to follow through with the Line-X . Gonna fix the rust by cutting it out and replacing it with 16g satin coat steel. Then I have to find myself some pocket style fender flares before i send it out to be sprayed . I'm kinda torn between the Ebay ones and the Bushwackers .

Old 03-28-2011, 01:41 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Spend more, and get the bushwackers. Better quality, better fit, better finish.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Pacmanloads
Captain

Spend more, and get the bushwackers. Better quality, better fit, better finish.
Yeah That's what I was thinking . Thanks . I hate Rust and scratches .

Old 03-28-2011, 05:18 PM
hiusmell
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been looking around for bushwackers for a while now, here is the lowest price I found for 3" pocket styles $399.99 http://1xracing.com/bushwacker/bushw.../i-304384.aspx
Another thing. I've been following a company, AutoSheperd on facebook and last week they asked what they should put on sale for April and I suggested bushwackers. They said good idea, so I'm waiting to see how low they will go on there.

Quick Reply: Need Paint ?????