2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Do not order from these people

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 12:58 PM
lewisc7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do not order from these people

Auto Computer Exchange out of Davie, Florida.

I had ordered a pcm for my 94 ram 6 weeks ago. $259 for 2nd day delivery and it was in stock so I was told. I have not gotten the computer yet and everytime I've called I hear "the pcm we programmed for your truck tested bad and we have to order another" then I hear "It just arrived and it's in programming now" then thursday I hear from a manager "it was just shipped out today and you should get it today or saturday" I call monday and speak to my sales rep. and she says, "it hasn't even shipped yet" and I'm still waiting on a call back. I'm filing a dispute with my bank, so anyone needing a pcm for their car or truck DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE, THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND YOU HAVE NOTHING. 182 complaints with the BBB and counting.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:35 PM
chadhager03
Captain

Hey that's like five minutes from my house, 182 complaints? What does it take to get shut down lol

Old 12-05-2011, 02:38 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,273 Likes on 3,020 Posts

Maybe we should enlist you to go and show up in person, as the Dodge Forum bouncer. Erm..... Rep. Yeah, that's it......

Old 12-05-2011, 03:03 PM
LoneWolfArcher
Professional

That stinks man. I know I dealt with some exchange place a couple of years ago when my Neon's ECM went caput.

I will see who I dealt with, but this sounds like the same place. They were extremely responsive then.

EDIT: Just confirmed, this was the same outfit. Sorry you are having problems, they were good when I used them.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmmmmm. Ridiculous title aside, let's see here:

----> WARNING: 2nd Gen Ram or 2nd Gen Ram General Discussion? <----

Starting today, I will be enforcing a threat I made a looooooong time ago. I am sick and tired of moving threads from here to general discussion, and vice versa.

After the first time you do it, I'll send you a warning PM. After a 2nd time, I will send you a 2nd PM. After a 3rd time, I will have you put on post approval.

Post approval means that a moderator, site moderator, or administrator must approve your posts before they show up in threads. No one, not even you, will see them until we click the "approve" button.

You will remain on post approval until you have proven to me you know where to post what.

Oh, and as far as the company goes -- there are MANY threads that mention them as one to avoid, but that would entail someone taking the time to search. Then again, everyone know the search doesn't work, right?

Old 12-06-2011, 07:27 AM
lewisc7

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Hmmmmmm. Ridiculous title aside, let's see here:

----> WARNING: 2nd Gen Ram or 2nd Gen Ram General Discussion? <----

Oh, and as far as the company goes -- there are MANY threads that mention them as one to avoid, but that would entail someone taking the time to search. Then again, everyone know the search doesn't work, right?
Seeing as how I order from these people BEFORE I joined this forum and at the suggestion of a friend all I'm trying to do is let members know in advance. I have a 7 year old son, currently unemployed and outside of my truck I have a motorcycle and live in Ohio I was just trying to save money and it bit me. No need for some lecture, lesson learned.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lewisc7
Seeing as how I order from these people BEFORE I joined this forum and at the suggestion of a friend all I'm trying to do is let members know in advance. I have a 7 year old son, currently unemployed and outside of my truck I have a motorcycle and live in Ohio I was just trying to save money and it bit me. No need for some lecture, lesson learned.

The cat is pregnant, the vertical hold on the TV is stuck, the hot water only works on Thursdays and Mondays after 9am... Uphill, BOTH WAYS!

Old 12-06-2011, 08:19 AM
LoneWolfArcher
Professional

This thread took a most unfortunate turn.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:03 AM
a-master
Veteran

Originally Posted by LoneWolfArcher
This thread took a most unfortunate turn.
If anyone knows hove to give noobs ****, its Vdub. Gotta remember that most noobs on here didn't grow up with the internet, so it isn't natural for them to know all these fancy forum gizmos like "search" and "signature"

Old 12-06-2011, 02:43 PM
lewisc7
Question

It's all good, after my years on this earth I've learned to pay attention to people and their opinions that matter. Atleast even though unemployed I don't spend all day on a forum checking out dash colors

Quick Reply: Do not order from these people