2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Nv3500

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:57 AM
safrantz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost half way there and I may be busting out lyrical moves to keep entertained....

I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can...

Old 02-15-2012, 11:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,256 Likes on 3,003 Posts

Boredom is a terrible thing to waste.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:08 AM
safrantz
Professional

Originally Posted by heyyou
boredom is a terrible thing to waste. :d
in the middle of the night, i go walkin in my sleep!

Old 02-15-2012, 12:44 PM
safrantz
Professional

First time I have been that disappointed in pull a part...they didn't even have the truck they sent me an email about...sigh.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,256 Likes on 3,003 Posts

That one belongs in the daily wtf thread..... Hope you had a nice drive at least.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:00 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by safrantz
First time I have been that disappointed in pull a part...they didn't even have the truck they sent me an email about...sigh.

We have a JY that is open a couple days a week - and you never know what day. After I finish a conference call that starts at 2 o'clock, I'll run over there and see what they may have. They are not on the net at all, and seldom answer the phone.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:10 PM
safrantz
Professional

Originally Posted by gdstock
We have a JY that is open a couple days a week - and you never know what day. After I finish a conference call that starts at 2 o'clock, I'll run over there and see what they may have. They are not on the net at all, and seldom answer the phone.
I appreciate it!

Old 02-15-2012, 03:43 PM
gdstock
Legend

I appreciate it!

OK. Other than the fact that after completing and submitting 2 grant applications to the Office of the Governor today, I obviously CANNOT read a darn calendar. Conference call is tomorrow - not today.

So I ran to the J and actually caught him open.....and he has a 5 speed. He does not know if it is the nv3500 or nv4500. Either way, I talked him down form $700 to $550. It is on a 4x4.

My knowledge and experience is limited to a 5.2l, auto trans, 2 wd. Is yours 2wd or 4wd? Will the same transmission work? I did not ask specifically if the transfer case is included in price.

I do not know what shipping will cost. It would be helpful if we could get the physical size and weight of the tranny. I do have a box that can be used with a half pallet for crating if needed.

I did not look at the truck (shirt and tie today - and truck is at back of his lot). Will aslo see what else of value may still be in truck in case anyone else is needing something. I noticed in a post by zman that several others were looking for different items.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:57 PM
safrantz
Professional

Originally Posted by gdstock
OK. Other than the fact that after completing and submitting 2 grant applications to the Office of the Governor today, I obviously CANNOT read a darn calendar. Conference call is tomorrow - not today.

So I ran to the J and actually caught him open.....and he has a 5 speed. He does not know if it is the nv3500 or nv4500. Either way, I talked him down form $700 to $550. It is on a 4x4.

My knowledge and experience is limited to a 5.2l, auto trans, 2 wd. Is yours 2wd or 4wd? Will the same transmission work? I did not ask specifically if the transfer case is included in price.

I do not know what shipping will cost. It would be helpful if we could get the physical size and weight of the tranny. I do have a box that can be used with a half pallet for crating if needed.

I did not look at the truck (shirt and tie today - and truck is at back of his lot). Will aslo see what else of value may still be in truck in case anyone else is needing something. I noticed in a post by zman that several others were looking for different items.
Youre pretty awesome for doing that! I'm 4x2... I've been thinking about it on the ride home, I may just bite the bullet and get a rebuilt one. I think I can get one for approx 800 with shipping and 12 month warranty/ 12k miles... In the long run it will probably work out to be the same or close enough to make the rebuilt one with a guarantee look like the best option.

Thanks for running over there in a tie! I feel special that you SUIT UP for me haha

Old 02-15-2012, 04:01 PM
gdstock
Legend

Youre pretty awesome for doing that! I'm 4x2... I've been thinking about it on the ride home, I may just bite the bullet and get a rebuilt one. I think I can get one for approx 800 with shipping and 12 month warranty/ 12k miles... In the long run it will probably work out to be the same or close enough to make the rebuilt one with a guarantee look like the best option.

Thanks for running over there in a tie! I feel special that you SUIT UP for me haha

I am just glad I caught him open! I need to take some time and just walk through and see what he has (but I only got as far as a 66 Galaxy 2 door....) in the way of Ram parts.

Just let me know. He doesn't turn much business. Older guy on the verge of retiring. I think he uses the JY jsut to have something to do a couple days a week.

Last edited by gdstock; 02-15-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Nv3500