2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 08:23 AM
Blue Mopar01
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alrighty I think I'll call the guy if the truck is still for sale and talk with him about it.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:12 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

I'd start out offering the guy like about $1200 and go up from there. Good luck. Maybe even offer to take the parts you want off and then he can have what is left for the scrap money? So if you were to take the axles and bed then throw your old bed on this truck. So then you would pay him less for the parts you take but then he gets to make money off what is left.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:15 AM
Blue Mopar01
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll see if I can lower the price and if not I'll see if he can part it out. I'm gunna talk with him later today.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:31 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

In the next 2-4 weeks I am going to be buying some longtime wanted tools for my garage. I am going to get a Tig welder and a Plasma Cutter. Right now I have Lincoln 170 mig welder, Miller buzz box and a Craftsman 60 gal compressor. So adding those two items will be nice for the times I am working on something. If I have enough left over I am also going to get a tube bender. So I have been looking at this Tig/Plasma combo from Eastwood http://www.eastwood.....html?reltype=3 what does everyone think of this setup? Good? Bad? Indifferent? If there are better combo's out there let me know. Or if you would just get a different setup tell me the whys & what nots. And then for a bender I was looking at this from Pro Bender http://www.probender...lic-tube-bender .
Give me feedback on this type of bender too. I don't have a lot of room left in my garage so I need something compact. Also I don't have a place to bolt a bender to the floor so that is why I am looking at this style.

So fire away everyone let's hear what you have to say.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:31 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wired my head lamps with relays and they are way brighter!!!!!

Only one little hic up though.

If I dont use my fogs they work fine.

If I use my fogs. Then cut my high beams on they work. Then if I cut them off it switches my highs to low and lows to high? And when it's supposed to be lows the high beam lamp is faintly lit.

I though the fogs were completely different?

Old 01-17-2015, 04:34 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
If I use my fogs. Then cut my high beams on they work. Then if I cut them off it switches my highs to low and lows to high? And when it's supposed to be lows the high beam lamp is faintly lit.
Did you leave the pre-existing lamps in the headlights, or replace them?

Your relay setup: built or bought?

"... the high beam lamp is faintly lit". Are you speaking of the indicator lamp in the instrument panel, or the high beam filament in the headlamp itself?

Need input!

Old 01-17-2015, 09:59 AM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so, i bought AAA a few weeks ago, and the offer one free carfax report a year, and 40% off all others...

so, if anyone needs a carfax done, if we can get a group of guys together, i can buy the unlimited reports for 33 bucks....

just throwing this out there... let me know!

Old 01-17-2015, 10:03 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
In the next 2-4 weeks I am going to be buying some longtime wanted tools for my garage. I am going to get a Tig welder and a Plasma Cutter. Right now I have Lincoln 170 mig welder, Miller buzz box and a Craftsman 60 gal compressor. So adding those two items will be nice for the times I am working on something. If I have enough left over I am also going to get a tube bender. So I have been looking at this Tig/Plasma combo from Eastwood http://www.eastwood.....html?reltype=3 what does everyone think of this setup? Good? Bad? Indifferent? If there are better combo's out there let me know. Or if you would just get a different setup tell me the whys & what nots. And then for a bender I was looking at this from Pro Bender http://www.probender...lic-tube-bender .
Give me feedback on this type of bender too. I don't have a lot of room left in my garage so I need something compact. Also I don't have a place to bolt a bender to the floor so that is why I am looking at this style.

Links aren't working?

Old 01-17-2015, 11:16 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Did you leave the pre-existing lamps in the headlights, or replace them?

Your relay setup: built or bought?

"... the high beam lamp is faintly lit". Are you speaking of the indicator lamp in the instrument panel, or the high beam filament in the headlamp itself?

Need input!

Relay Setup built.

Faintly lit is the dash light.

Did not replace bulbs? Does that matter? I used Jason's write up in the diy section as a Guide.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:35 AM
snowboundrmk
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut

When it comes to plasma cutters I hear hypertherm is the one to have.

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread