2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 08:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01

Get the rebuild kit for your LSD, it will make you smile.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:25 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha k I'll look for one

Old 01-27-2015, 11:53 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well...... real crappy night. went to plow a driveway, that ive only done once before. guy had 2 cars, and a truck parked in the way, that i had to plow around.

truck is an 04 2500 hemi. used my 2nd gen, and plow to mess up the passenger rear bed of the 3rd gen.

was plowing in a straight line, plow caught something, stopped me dead in my tracks, and truck and plow slid sideways. plow somehow perfectly wedged itself between the pass rear tire, and the bottom of the bed.

dented it in pretty good. glad i have insurance, but im going to be paying cash to get it fixed at my buddys shop.

so needless to say, its been a terrible night!

Old 01-28-2015, 05:48 AM
tired old man
Veteran

Back when I had the '47 Willis with the snow plow on it I plowed a lot of drive ways. One was a buddy of mines. He had taken cinder blocks and painted them white and put them on either side of his long winding driveway.

Now, it had snowed several times that winter and I had not hit any of the blocks just buried them pretty good. After we got yet another 6 or so inches of snow I went to plow him out and one of his kids had been playing with one of the blocks and left it lay in the middle of the turn around area by his garage.

I came steaming in at a pretty good clip and hit that frozen down cinder block.

The impact nearly tossed me out of the jeep. I did a very abrupt 190 degree turn but managed not to hit the garage. It was lucky he decided to park his car and pickup inside the night before.

Many years later I was plowing for the township. The township had three one and a half ton Fords with a little dump box for sand and salt with decent blades on the front. Tandem axles in the rear with chains so they really were set updecently for snow removal.

We had gotten a relatively light snowfall but there had been a pretty strong wind so I was out busting drifts. Again I was just milling along pushing the light fluffy snow when I hit a large glob of ice. The blade was angled pretty aggressively and the whole truck slid sideways across the road and went down a small hill into the ditch.

I was not hurt and the truck had only minor damage but it took the patrol grader to pull it out of the darn ditch.

I was lucky that the township had just installed radios in all the trucks that summer. I called it in after I figured out I was not going to be able to drive it out then just waited in the nice warm cab of the truck until my supervisor got there.

Everyone called me 'Crash' for a while,right up to when the supervisor rolled the grader about a week later. He spent some time in the hospital with a bunch of broken ribs and a collapsed lung. The grader looked totaled to me but they fixed it the next summer and it seems to still be fine.

Last edited by tired old man; 01-28-2015 at 05:51 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:03 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star

Any negatives on a RC lift?

Old 01-28-2015, 07:10 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Mopar01
Any negatives on a RC lift?
Cheap. Affordable. General consensus is fine for pavement pounders but not the best for anu serious off roading.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:52 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2nd gen went thru the ice at Merideth bay on lake Winnipesaukee...

http://wildnh.com/Newsroom/2015/Q1/sr-truck-ice-013015.html

Old 02-01-2015, 12:16 PM
tired old man
Veteran

So we got snow here, the guy on the local polka and farm report radio station says so far we have as much as our total accumulation last year.

And its gonna snow probably as much Monday.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by tired old man
So we got snow here, the guy on the local polka and farm report radio station says so far we have as much as our total accumulation last year.

And its gonna snow probably as much Monday.
No wonder you're a "tired old man"
Tired of the snow.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:54 PM
tired old man
Veteran

It's not so bad with the snow thrower.

Got the old Sears one going too if I should happen to need it.

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread