2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 03:07 PM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The neighbors down the block just moved here last summer from New Mexico. They have seen snow but mostly only when they went skiing.

The woman is a surgical nurse and he is some kind of IT guru. They tried to hire me to remove their snow. I offered to let them use my snow thrower.

I just can't handle the cold these days. My feet were OK in the thinsulate boots but my fingers feel frost bit in just the 20 or so minutes I spent out there.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:11 PM
Mopar Mike
Veteran

I know this would be better in in the Diesel side of the Forum, but that section is dead, and the 1st gen side is even worse.

Anyone have an idea what this truck is worth?

It's a 1983 but has the entire drivetrain out of a 91 Cummins. Only has 40,000 miles on the drivetrain. 5-Speed manual. Truck is rust free besides some surface rust here and there, and the interior is in good shape. I've always wanted a 1st gen 4WD Crew Cab, and the Cummins makes it even sweeter. The 5-speed makes it a potential dream come true. I'm having a hard time finding a value for this one, especially since it's a custom job. Was built 5 years ago by the current owner. It's hard to find these trucks now days, and the ones I have found are all over the place in pricing. You'll see a rough condition one for $9,500 then a couple months later find one in decent shape for $3,500. This is one of the nicer ones I've seen, he uses it as a DD. Just needs a little cosmetic attention. Owner came to me first, and wants me to make an offer, If I knew how much he had in the build, it would be a little easier to do, but he won't give up that info. I'm almost positive he's going to want at least $10,000 for it. I was thinking more in the 6k-8k range. I just don't want to offend him and scare him off, because I can't even remember the last time I've seen one of these DD worthy.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:53 PM
tired old man
Veteran

I hate it when someone has something that only they know the 'real' value of for sale. I figure if they don't know what its worth to you and you really don't know what they want for it start out really low and if the get disgusted and walk away you don't need it.

If on the other hand if they do start talking about how much they have invested,... You already know what a '91 would be worth so that might be a starting point for you.

Sounds to me like this dude is a horse trader to begin with and might just really want to haggle for a while before he gives you a sweet deal.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:51 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Offer $7k, see where things go...

Old 02-02-2015, 08:20 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

I'd offer 3 grand.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:21 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd offer four with those ugly vents and shades. And offer 5k if he takes them off and burns them.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:24 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
I'd offer four with those ugly vents and shades. And offer 5k if he takes them off and burns them.
Haha....yep

Old 02-02-2015, 12:50 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I'd offer 3 grand.
Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Originally Posted by jkeaton
Haha....yep

Now now guys it has a Cummins and that increases the value of the vehicle to crazy numbers....

Old 02-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Damn I'd love to have that truck too. And yes your 100% correct they are hard to come by and the fact that he did a diesel swap makes it even harder to figure out how much. I agree with Stewie start at $7,000 and see what he says. Even on a swap like this you can never get back what you got in it.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:17 PM
tired old man
Veteran

The neighbor down the block used my snow thrower when it snowed last week and decided to go buy one of his own. He just put plain gas in it. 2 stroke engines do not like it when you run straight gas in them.

He brought it to me to see if I could figure out what was wrong with it. It didn't take long to figure out the engine was seized up.

He asked me what it would cost to fix it and I told him to try to return it to the store he bought it from. He got it at Walmart and they have the no questions return policy so we shall see if he gets another.

Last edited by tired old man; 02-06-2015 at 12:55 AM.

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread