2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 09:53 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I was out west we went to the top of pikes peak. It's 14,000 something or another.

I had to get some oxygen lol

Old 01-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HillBillE
I was stationed at Ft Ord outside Salinas, CA in the '80's.

Had a '72 Charger that I loved cruising in!

I do my cruising at 'Lake Level' now

Live right off of the largest fresh water pond in the world, Lake Superior.
Curious if you were at Ft. Ord similar timeframe as Wildman4x4 here.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
That ain't nuthin' to brag on! With my Hogan's Gonkulator installed I was getting 35MPG city/50MPG highway and putting 675HP to the ground with the Gonkulator set to just 47%, but then my seven way Wilson splice developed a leak so I had to revert to stock. I was looking forward to turning the thing up to 80% but the splice broke before I got my custom wheelie bars, and it was costing me about five grand a pop every time the cops caught me destroying their precious pavement by dragging the broken ends of those weak *** off the shelf wheelie bars.

I'll bet it would have run quite strong if I'd taken it down to sea level.
You're full o crapperz. You full well could have gotten 40/60 by adjusting the Wilson frequency range up another kHz!! Gonkulator isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Nonetheless....straight up banter is healthy! That torsion bar topic was great until it got mobbed....

Old 01-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Curious if you were at Ft. Ord similar timeframe as Wildman4x4 here.
I was at Ord from 91-92 when I got out of the Army when Uncle Bill was getting rid of all us mid-termers. I stayed in the area and worked up the road from Ft Ord. I would ride my bike to work most days. My Jeep I had at that time was down for a blown engine. Then I traded the Jeep for a Vette. That was fun for a while. I miss that Jeep. It was a YJ but I had fixed it up pretty good.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:27 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You're full o crapperz. You full well could have gotten 40/60 by adjusting the Wilson frequency range up another kHz!! Gonkulator isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Spoken like a damn fool kid who's never run a gonkulator on anything bigger than a four banger. You can't just crank up the splice frequency on an engine of more than about four liters of displacement, especially if it's got relatively long intake runners. If you do, you risk that at higher RPM's you'll set up a resonance that creates a standing wave that will run one or more cylinders way too lean. Those starving cylinders will get wicked hot and put you at risk of catastrophic detonation. I guess that's okay if you've got a spare radiator cap to park a new truck under when your engine grenades...

I hear, though, that there's a new fantabulizer in the works that prevents standing waves by doing frequency hopping and generating swept FM, and that, as a nice side effect for old guys like me, puts and end to that nerve jangling exhaust drone, too. I'm waiting for that one to hit the market before buying my new Wilson splice. Besides, it being winter, I don't want my wife having too much horsepower under her foot on these snow packed roads.

Nonetheless....straight up banter is healthy! That torsion bar topic was great until it got mobbed....
Heck, I found it entertaining even after the OP got all indignant and hostile. I figure that a guy who can't laugh at himself has no business going at a vehicle with tools in the first place because the inevitable, unforeseeable challenges will cause so much frustration that finishing the job becomes more important than doing it right. I don't want to be on the highway with other people driving vehicles suffering from half-assery. Keep 'em typing rather than wrenching and you're providing a public service.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

half-assery? Ok, that's a new one..... but, I rather like it. I was laughing so hard, my dogs came runnin' to see what was causing the latest insanity......

Old 01-10-2015, 06:37 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Lol. Internet thug. I've dealt with them before. If they only realized how utterly retarded they sounded.

Unreg and whitenuckle, wtf are you guys talking about???

Old 01-10-2015, 07:11 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Unreg and whitenuckle, wtf are you guys talking about???

Old 01-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

Old 01-11-2015, 12:22 AM
HillBillE
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
I was at Ord from 91-92
I was there from '85 through '88. 519th Maintenance 3rd shop.

Was Artillery wrench, but we had so many mechs for artillery, I was cross

trained in small arms (they were in our shop) and also light wheel and heavy wheel.

As well as driving bob tail delivering trailers and what not to Hunter Ligget, the Presidio and Camp Roberts.

Fun times. Still in touch with two of the guys who were in my shop.

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread