2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 10:24 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
was 54 here today! however, gonna be in the mid 30 for the next few days, with potential snow saturday into sunday.
So things thaw out, then freeze.... that should be fun.

Supposed to be pretty nice here for the next several days. (mid to high 50's.) I hope by then, ALL the snow will be gone.

Time to get the mower decks back into the garage, and get my project deck finished up, and put on the tractor.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:56 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
So things thaw out, then freeze.... that should be fun.

Supposed to be pretty nice here for the next several days. (mid to high 50's.) I hope by then, ALL the snow will be gone.

Time to get the mower decks back into the garage, and get my project deck finished up, and put on the tractor.
well, i do live in northern New England. ill be glad when this snow is gone. i want to get my camper out.

due to the wife being pregnant, we will most likely only be able to go camping once this year. which will be memorial day weekend.

thankfully the wifes grand parents have a seasonal at the same campground we are going to, so we will still be able to get away during the summer.

next year, its camper upgrade time! we have been using my moms camper for the last few years. its a 2004 starcraft travelstar 18sb, hybrid camper. its a bit snug with 2 kids, 2 dogs, and us. forget having a pack n play, or a bassinet in there.

the new camper will be a 30+ footer with bunks in back(or front) and a master bedroom, for us. living room/kitchen area will have a slide out.

the 3rd gen can tow 10,800, so im good for just about anything! the truck is already set up for a 5th wheel hitch. all i need to do is get a new hitch(1500 bucks).

Old 03-12-2015, 08:48 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

$1500 for a hitch??? Dayum!

Old 03-12-2015, 09:32 AM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by jkeaton
$1500 for a hitch??? Dayum!
Yep. That's on the low end too. A good fifth wheel hitch goes for 2k+!

Old 03-12-2015, 10:19 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

People drive the strangest cars: http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/4929532877.html

Old 03-13-2015, 01:39 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997JollyGreenGiant
Teach a hillbilly to weld, next thing ya know he's trawling every rust farm in the county for parts to build him a custom ottee-mo-beel. But now he's gotta sell the thing cuz his momma's pissed about her Elvis bar lamp getting ruined because he yanked that tin off of the trailer roof. Ya cain't jes buy wunna them down t' the WalMart ya know. Them's antiques an' collecters'll pay good money fer 'em. Jes not round here. These folks jes ain't suphiseecated.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:06 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Teach a hillbilly to weld, next thing ya know he's trawling every rust farm in the county for parts to build him a custom ottee-mo-beel. But now he's gotta sell the thing cuz his momma's pissed about her Elvis bar lamp getting ruined because he yanked that tin off of the trailer roof. Ya cain't jes buy wunna them down t' the WalMart ya know. Them's antiques an' collecters'll pay good money fer 'em. Jes not round here. These folks jes ain't suphiseecated.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:10 AM
redneck_ram
Champion

that funny right there!!

rat rods like that are pretty common, however, theyre usually better built, and have wicked cool engines..

Old 03-13-2015, 02:34 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Very funny!

That about nails it for Kentucky too!

Old 03-15-2015, 06:35 PM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never had the urge to build a rat rod. I have built a few custom rods though.

I guess in my day completely finishing a vehicle was the happening thing to do including a decent paint job.

Having a functional actually useable vehicle when you were done was the whole idea for me.

I wish some pictures of at least a few of the cars I put together were still around.

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread