2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 08:33 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,192 Likes on 2,945 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
I consider him one of the greats, myself, and voted to re-elect him in 1980. No one else on Earth could have got Begin and Sadat at the same table -- even if it did first require Sadat to start a small war with Israel. It's a shame that Congress hamstrung the guy and we let them do it.

If you need an excuse to shake your head in dismay, just think back to 1976. We elected an honest president the same year Paddy Chayefsky released the movie Network. Both told us what was coming if we didn't get our heads in order, but we got the election of 1980 anyway. Yep, collectively, Americans are damnably stupid. Ya tell 'em where they're headed and they mash the gas pedal to the floor to prove you wrong, then blame everyone but themselves for the wreck.

Guess you ain't been checkin' out Bernie Sanders, huh? He's taking no billionaire money, no Super PAC money, and is a very vocal opponent of Citizens United. There are lot of videos on YouTube -- the media's not going to give him attention because his clearly articulated goal is to take on the billionaires, and the owners of the media corporations who control what we see and hear are all billionaires. They'll ask him about Hillary, but not about his agenda.

Bernie was in Denver yesterday and drew a standing room only crowd of about 5,000. That's a huge crowd for so early in the campaign and for a Senator who's not been attention whoring so was largely unknown before he announced his candidacy and remains largely unknown because the media is afraid of him. I figure a guy who scares billionaires so badly must be a righteous enough dude that I'll register just to vote for him.
I've been pretty much ignoring politics, 'cept for what I read in the news once in a while, till we get closer to the elections, and I can see who is actually running. I honestly hope Bernie makes it that far, if he does, I will vote for him..... But, I suspect that given his positions, he won't. Too many people with too much skin in the game to allow him to win.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:47 AM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I got my annual tax bill in the mail for the truck the other day. The statement said my registration has already been paid so I just have to pay taxes. Wonder why my registration has been paid, I didn't pay it.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by 1997JollyGreenGiant
I got my annual tax bill in the mail for the truck the other day. The statement said my registration has already been paid so I just have to pay taxes. Wonder why my registration has been paid, I didn't pay it.
Annual tax bill? On your TRUCK? Seriously? I paid taxes my I bought mine, five years ago, and that was it...... Think I am startin' to like Michigan a bit better.....

Old 06-22-2015, 02:25 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Annual tax bill? On your TRUCK? Seriously? I paid taxes my I bought mine, five years ago, and that was it...... Think I am startin' to like Michigan a bit better.....
Lot of states have personal property tax. Mines one of them. Have to pay the property tax once a year when the registration renewal and inspection is due. They hit you with all three at once. Here it's based on the "appraised" value of the vehicle. The more it's worth, the more you pay. My old truck aint work much at all, so my tax bill for it is usually less than $50. The wifes newer vehicle though was over $300 last year, just in property tax. Couple that with the $30 inspection fee and $25 for registration renewal and I have 5 vehicles....gets expensive....

Old 06-22-2015, 02:34 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Yep, it's my annual property tax bill. Get one every year. I paid taxes when I bought it too.

It's nice that Michigan doesn't have that, but I guess having to pay it is a consequence of living in Kentucky.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:42 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Don't worry. There are no free lunches. Even though there are no property taxes in some places, they'll find other ways to stick it to you.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Well, I DO pay almost 100 bucks for registration every year (JUST for the truck), so, "a tax by any other name" I suppose.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had to pay 15 bucks for my car trailer.... Lol

Old 06-22-2015, 05:46 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
I had to pay 15 bucks for my car trailer.... Lol
I can get a permanent plate for my trailer, no clue how much it costs though.... At least, I think I can get a plate for it..... Was my brothers, and I sort of 'inherited it' when he died...... So, i don't have any paperwork for it..... Guess I should prolly give it a shot one of these days, I have been using/storing it for about five years now.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh I have permanent tags too! 100 bucks. Never have to register it again. but I still have to pay the property tax and the thing is valued at like 1000 bucks or something. So an annual 15 bucks.

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread