2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

95 Oxidizer Special

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 10:13 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Sounds like a plan. Let us know the results.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:26 PM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Pete is way ahead of schedule. It's done except he's waiting on the Tcase saver to show up. It's a good thing, my daughter's pickup quit the other day, so the extra vehicle will be nice. He's gonna make a trip to our house to diagnose the other pickup for us. I should have him look at the front u-joints. I was going to do that but didn't expect the other truck to quit.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:27 PM
2bit
Record Breaker

My wife decided that between this being her dad's pickup and that new vehicles have insane prices, we should fix the old dodge up. It won't be a speedy build, but I'll try to take pics as we do. The first project is to build or buy a garage. It has to have a new radio. The crackly stock thing drives me nuts. Neither of us like green, so eventually the color will change. If I have my way it'll get 2- 4 inches taller (I told my daughter I am gonna make everything just a little bigger than her pickup) that would take a 6 inch lift, but I don't really want it that big. 33-35 inch tires with 4.56 gears. I'm not familiar with Mopar engines but I'll learn. Maybe some shorty headers and cam. Would like a tuner, but only see them for 96 and newer.

Here's the offending pickup it needs to be bigger than. LOL

Old 01-09-2016, 07:38 PM
2bit
Record Breaker

Another question....does anyone make a front bumper without the plastic? Has anyone painted the plastic to match the truck?

Old 01-09-2016, 09:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Still a fair few aftermarket bumpers out there, some are just hideously expensive....

Folks have painted, and plasti-dipped the plastic on the bumpers with measures of success, if you paint, make sure you get the right paint. (it will be specifically for plastic parts.)

I assume that is your daughter sitting on the truck? You can tell her "Nice truck." from me. (I like chevy too.....) That, and I would like to know how she got up there. I don't see any tracks in the snow around the truck. (aside from tire tracks.....)

Old 01-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

The right paint, the right primer, and some anti static wipes... make life easier, and the job will last.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:56 PM
2bit
Record Breaker

Spillage The right paint, the right primer, and some anti static wipes... make life easier, and the job will last.

Still a fair few aftermarket bumpers out there, some are just hideously expensive....

Folks have painted, and plasti-dipped the plastic on the bumpers with measures of success, if you paint, make sure you get the right paint. (it will be specifically for plastic parts.)

I assume that is your daughter sitting on the truck? You can tell her "Nice truck." from me. (I like chevy too.....) That, and I would like to know how she got up there. I don't see any tracks in the snow around the truck. (aside from tire tracks.....)

Thanks for the tips on the bumper! I always thought they made the trucks look really cheap and ruined a nice looking pickup. Yes that's my daughter Brooke, I'll let her know. We're well rounded these days with a 05 Impala, 00 Ford Excursion, 95 Ram, Brooke's 87, and a Kenworth W900. There used to be a time I had bowtie underwear LOL, but I've grown up since then and can appreciate any well built vehicle.

The Tcase saver showed up Saturday (we shipped it right to Pete) and he finished it today (awesome service!) because he knew we're short a vehicle. Brooke's pickup possibly lost a head gasket. We're going to have him put U-joints in it yet tomorrow. I knew it needed them, but was gonna do it myself later. It's below 0 at home so maybe have her truck towed to Pete.

So the Oxidizer has a reman tranny from Carquest, a used 231 case, and the Tcase saver installed. Can't wait to take it for a spin and not have to push it backwards. LOL

Old 01-11-2016, 08:22 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

The Indy rams and SS/T's came from the factory with pained bumpers. There is usually and additive to the paint to keep it from cracking/chipping off the plastic with expansion/contraction.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:13 PM
2bit
Record Breaker

[QUOTE=Moparite;3278957]The Indy rams and SS/T's came from the factory with pained bumpers. There is usually and additive to the paint to keep it from cracking/chipping off the plastic with expansion/contraction.

Thanks! Those look much better with matching bumpers. My wife's dad bought the truck new. It was a sharp pickup except that stupid bumper.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:00 PM
2bit
Record Breaker

New transmission and transfer case installed.

Speedometer sensor is offset, if it's turned the wrong way it doesn't engage the drive gear.

It seams to work very well. It's so nice to back up without having to push it!

Quick Reply: 95 Oxidizer Special