2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 06:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Think I've already decided when that time changes I'll probably just let the wallet do the talking and take it to a shop.....

Least if something breaks it's on them!
LOLOL.

Yeah, I have taken that route for fixing some things in the past. Like when the wheel bearing on my AWD astro locked up, and the van would NOT move...... It was January, below zero temps, high winds, snow... No way in hades was I going to sit on the side of the road, out in that weather, and do the repair..... I called a tow truck, paid someone else to deal with it. Expensive, but, I didn't spend a week laid up in bed, because I got sick either.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:56 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welp we got some crappy winter weather coming; snow, sleet/ice, rain, should provide a good time to test out the 4wd on the Expedition!

It's got an Auto 4wd function I'm curious to see how well works.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:28 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Late-birthday/early Christmas!

Old 02-14-2016, 06:33 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary-L
Late-birthday/early Christmas!
No Gary, it is NOT time to mow yet. You will have to wait to play with your new toy.

Nice tractor.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:18 PM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my youth my neighbors three boys all had a little Ford 8N size tractors they kept out at their Granma's place. I wanted a tractor too and looked around and finally got one of the small allis tractors for $200.00. The rear tires were pretty decent but filled with concrete.

I suppose having the concrete in them would maybe have made them last longer but I got different wheels with decent tires on and swapped them.

My neighbors dad gave me a good set of tires for the front end so I was set. As time passed I decided to over haul the engine because when I went out to play tractor with them I used more oil than gas most of the time.

I drove it to town and we tore it down in the neighbors garage. I was lucky and the sleeves were in pretty good shape and I was able to order a complete overhaul kit from Sears.

We did a darn good job cleaning everything up but forgot to put the copper wire on the bearing cap on number 3. It came apart and knocked a small piece out of the side of the block.

I searched high and low for another block but couldn't find one anywhere. Finally I decided the thing to do was drill holes at the end of the cracks and thread them and put a piece of tin over the hole.

That worked much better than I thought it would. The little beasty was still running strong when I sold it many years later.

I just played with it for many years on the tractor trails they had in the valley at gram's place but finally brought it home after I graduated high school. I got a belly mower for it and got busy working and such so it just sat a lot.

When I got divorced I sold it in the auction of all my stuff trying to stave of bankruptcy.

I ended up selling almost everything I owned to pay off the massive debt she had run up.

I'd like to have another little Allis or one of the small Ford tractors again but really have no place to keep it.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:27 PM
stewie01
Legend

Had around 4" of snow covering the roads this morning for the drive in, took the Expedition and man I tell ya this thing is a tank in the snow! Didn't even break out 4wd!

I realize 4" isn't much but if I tried to take my Ram I wouldn't have even gotten out of the driveway!

Old 02-16-2016, 09:41 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 02-17-2016, 03:01 AM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by Gary-L
My grandfather is the person on the left.

I drove him on countless trips and he was always pushing the gas needle.

Gauge reads E, he'd say "We got 50 miles", once the fuel light started blinking, "We better get gas!".

Old 02-17-2016, 07:20 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
My grandfather is the person on the left.

I drove him on countless trips and he was always pushing the gas needle.

Gauge reads E, he'd say "We got 50 miles", once the fuel light started blinking, "We better get gas!".
I'm the person on the left myself lol.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:40 PM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the summer I'm the one on the left but when it gets cold,... I swap sides pretty fast. Don't mind walking even if its raining but can't stand it when its cold.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread