2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 02:57 AM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last night I went down town to get some fried chicken. When I got home pretty near every emergency vehicle in town was parked here.

My elderly neighbor lady got one of those newfangled whole house protection deals last summer. Their water heater pop off valve popped and the system detected it and automatically sent out a distress signal which alerted the fire department, who responded in force.

Much to do about nothing. Her son hit the breaker on the water heater to turn it off then hit the relief valve with a hammer and it stopped steaming but by then everyone was on the way.

Wonder what that's gonna cost him.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:51 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 02-27-2016, 08:31 PM
tired old man
Veteran

I was taught to pull the engine over and engage the crank at the bottom of the stroke and pull it up from there.

I learned on a Model T engine mounted on a home built saw mill. When I had my Farmall I was lucky enough to have an electric starter on it that worked very well. I did hand crank it occasionally but mostly just to see if I could.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:47 AM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

That's the same technique I used on the old Grey Furgie (TE20), when I was a kid.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:40 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Went with a friend to watch Deadpool, today. All I can say is that it is chock full of awesome and the most over-the-top comedy writing I've witnessed in a long time. I read everyone involved held their ground and pushed back on studio meddling, and in return the studio kept slashing the budget. The earnings speak volumes about the movie.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:02 PM
tired old man
Veteran

I saw Deadpool too, I enjoyed it a lot too, my wife, not so much.

It was a very action packed movie that made me think of Guardians of the Galaxy.

I will have to watch it several more times because the crowd at the theater was laughing so much that I missed some good lines. Can hardly wait for it to come out on DVD.

Last edited by tired old man; 03-02-2016 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Old 03-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Antique implements and one video.

I went up to Piedmont, OK this past Monday to drop off a steering pedestal from an old Allis Chalmers I parted. Another guy will pick up and deliver it to the buyer, in Missouri. The older gentleman gave me the full tour of his toys. I did not expect him to fire up the McCormick-Deering, so I made sure to video that. The boiler of the unit that his grandson is standing atop is dismantled and over at his son's place, which is next to his property.

​The big beast, in the other barn, was dug out of an old creek bed a couple of years ago with barely the tip of the flywheel visible when the grass was moved. He showed me pictures of when they formed an extraction party to dig it out. Apparently, it had been buried since the 1930s.​

Old 03-05-2016, 06:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,265 Likes on 3,012 Posts

Holy smoke, that guy has some NEAT stuff layin' about.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Gary-L
Legend

I forgot to mention that the Caterpillar was something like #3 or #8 produced the year after the original merger that created Caterpillar. He was going to fire that one up, but it didn't have enough fuel. I also forgot to mention those steel wheeled tractors run on kerosene. The fuel tanks have about a 1-gallon separated compartment for starting gas. That old Rumley is kerosene fired as well.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread