2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 03:35 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
I was having one of those CRS nights. (Can't read sh(t)
Coors Retardation Syndrome?

No worries man. At least one of us was high. Saw to it myself!

Old 04-28-2016, 05:54 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,265 Likes on 3,012 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Coors Retardation Syndrome?

No worries man. At least one of us was high. Saw to it myself!
Nice of you to take responsibility for that.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:52 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Nice of you to take responsibility for that.
Somebody's gotta be the grownup around here!

So you keep doing that, and I'll just sit around out here in the mountains smoking pot because I don't like that grownup gig at freaking all.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:51 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

I don't wanna be the grown-up though........ Do I get a choice?

Old 04-29-2016, 01:57 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

I've heard that wacky tobacco is good for pain. But how much would I have to smoke to get my pain level down? I've never tried the stuff so I have no idea.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:12 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Somebody's gotta be the grownup around here!

So you keep doing that, and I'll just sit around out here in the mountains smoking pot because I don't like that grownup gig at freaking all.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:05 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

I've heard that wacky tobacco is good for pain.
Good for, yeah, but not like opiates that completely hide the pain signals from your brain. But that's a good thing, because if you take opiates/opioids for chronic pain relief the development of tolerance forces you to risk death in order to make life tolerable. The part of the brain that opiates/opioids effect, and where they cause central nervous system depression that can lead to cardiac/respiratory arrest, doesn't even have cannabinoid receptors in it. That's why marijuana overdose is harmless.

Myself, I've got a brain in which the part that avoids pain is almost always overruled by the part that makes motivation, so I've got all kinds of chronic pains from old injuries that won't stay forgotten and a habit of repeatedly insulting them. Most of the time, a hit or two on the pipe is all it takes to turn them down and make them quite tolerable and not distracting. It might take three or four, though, if I've been doing the kinds of things that insult those old injuries, which is pretty much anything except being sedentary and frequently changing position to spread the pressure around.

I'm damn glad for legal pot, because otherwise I'd just have to put up with that crap all the time as I did for years. I can't afford opiates even if they come to me for free because they make me utterly stupid -- and I'm a self employed programmer who doesn't get paid for just showing up, so stupid is expensive.

But how much would I have to smoke to get my pain level down? I've never tried the stuff so I have no idea.
Ain't but one way to find out, man. Being a medicinal plant, it depends upon the strain, the conditions under which it was grown, the processing after harvest, and the age of it. I assume that it works in Washington a lot like it does in Colorado and that you could just walk into any retail pot shop and buy a single joint. Out here, lots of the shops were in the business during the medical-only years so are staffed by folks who can be helpful in strain selection.

Potentially useful information: If you're one who'll experience that infamous paranoia, first remind yourself that it's a known and harmless side effect, then just tell it to shut up and go away and it will. With experience it'll stop happening. Don't take alcohol with your weed until you're more experienced with the weed, else you're likely to bring on a gravity storm. I sometimes have a glass or two of wine with my smoke to no ill effect, but the first time I did that after decades of smoking only very rarely made me intensely and very unpleasantly aware that the world was turning faster than I could.

It's kinda funny how that works. Cannabis protects the brain from the ravages of ethanol, but can also potentiate the alcohol to make you accidentally wasted. Without the alcohol, though, accidental wastage is pretty unlikely because pot doesn't hide your impairment from you or make you brazenly stupid the way alcohol does.

Don't be surprised to find yourself thinking unusual thoughts and making associations you never could before. Cannabis turns your brain up, and makes parts of it that don't ordinarily talk to one another just positively chatty. Not like LSD, of course, but it's still a curious thing at first. It's not at all like that single thought taken to the point of nonsense effect that alcohol has. I find it entertaining and extremely useful, but if you don't just give yourself something else to focus on -- it really is entirely up to you, so go with it or don't at your option.

Should you be the bold and adventurous sort and want to find out what's on the far side of high, see if you can find a high CBD/low THC strain to keep on hand just in case you get unpleasantly wasted on the high THC strain you're playing with. The CBD will bring you back down from where the THC takes you. I don't know how easy it is to find such a strain out yonder, but it's common enough in Colorado and routinely used to treat seizure disorders, among other things.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:29 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 04-30-2016, 08:03 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

Unreg,
Thanks for the info. The two towns I live near don't have marijuana stores. Next time I drive over to the coast I'll try stopping in on one and ask some questions. Maybe I'll even buy a few joints so I can try the stuff.
I take enough opiates to knock an elephant out but I have been taking the crap for 11 years now. The days my leg gets real bad and I have to take oxy to try and bring the pain level down some can be real fun. I have been close to that point of no return. It isn't any fun and can scare the heck out of you.
I'm not sure I like some of the side effects of marijuana though. Doesn't sound real good to me. I have enough problems with my own demons haunting me I don't need any help. I would just really like to have some pain free time now and then.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:31 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Unreg,
Thanks for the info. The two towns I live near don't have marijuana stores. Next time I drive over to the coast I'll try stopping in on one and ask some questions. Maybe I'll even buy a few joints so I can try the stuff.
I take enough opiates to knock an elephant out but I have been taking the crap for 11 years now. The days my leg gets real bad and I have to take oxy to try and bring the pain level down some can be real fun. I have been close to that point of no return. It isn't any fun and can scare the heck out of you.
I'm not sure I like some of the side effects of marijuana though. Doesn't sound real good to me. I have enough problems with my own demons haunting me I don't need any help. I would just really like to have some pain free time now and then.
Pot won't relieve the pain, per se, but, you will certainly care a lot less about it.....

As for side effects.... I think the worst you will have to deal with will be weight gain. I always get the munchies when I smoke..... Worst side effect for me? I sleep REALLY good..... You could smack me with a 4x4 and I would just roll over.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread