2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 08:32 PM
bargeman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tired old man
So last Friday it was a truly beautiful day, since it was so nice out I decided to finally put the hitch on the GT, this is what else I did,...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0443044&type=3

You can barely see the red spot near the middle of my forehead. Yes, I hit myself in the head with the hitch.

all better you can barely see the scuff mark now,...
That reminds me of when I was booming down our track hoe and the load binder wrapped the chain around it. So I pulled on the slack end of the chain to unwind it and it swung around and smacked me on the top of the head. Man it laid me out something good on that trailer. Gives new meaning to school of HARD knocks! Lol!

Old 04-08-2016, 09:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

Yep..... Been there, done that......

Was taking off a front tire to check my brakes. Was using a long breaker bar, as I didn't have air tools available at the time..... Was leaning down hard on the breaker bar, trying to get one to break loose, and the socket blew apart..... I went down, BEAT my head against the fender on my way down... and stayed down. I came to to see the family standing around "Are you all right????"... Seems I knocked myself out for few minutes.... Had a hell of a headache......

Old 04-08-2016, 09:25 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Now I'm kinda bummed out that my best head knocking story involves the lid of a cast iron dutch oven rather than a vehicle. And there weren't any women around at the time -- I did it to myself.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was playing Hide-n-Seek in my youth and hid under a lifted 4x4. When I attempted to extricate myself I say up a bit too quick and smacked the transfer case. The goose egg went away, but I still carry a scar from the bolt head I hit (about ¾ of the circumference).

Old 04-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Old 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
tired old man
Veteran

The goose egg was pretty much gone when the photo was taken and I did not black out. I did rest on the ground for a bit, I was laying under the bumper trying to hold the hitch on a jack stand on one end and maneuver the hydraulic jack on the other end when all my rigging went south.

I did say a few bad words out loud and the wife and kid thought I had kilt myself for sure. I've been hit in the head quite hard a lot of times but never truly clocked out. After I rested a bit I took my little shop flashlight and checked to see that my pupils dilated correctly, diagnosed my self with subdural hematoma and mild concussion and went back to work.

I had the hitch on the car for a while shortly after we got the car but the wife did not want it on so removed it. I decided it was silly to have the hitch and not be able to use the PT GT to tow my cute little trailer so decided it was time to play the man card and just put it on again.

This time it stays. {he said in a manly voice}

Old 04-10-2016, 04:33 PM
bargeman
Professional

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Now I'm kinda bummed out that my best head knocking story involves the lid of a cast iron dutch oven rather than a vehicle. And there weren't any women around at the time -- I did it to myself.

You gota explain that story, Dude!

Old 04-10-2016, 05:43 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bargeman
You gota explain that story, Dude!
Too little kitchen storage... I'd always kept large but lightweight stock pots and such above the cabinets, but didn't have room for everything so I had my largest cast iron skillet and one cast iron dutch oven atop the cabinets. No big deal with the 15" skillet... but one day when I went to bring the dutch oven down the lid got loose and hit me, edge-on and perpendicular to the hairline. I saw stars and bled like a stuck pig, and had to sit and bleed on the floor because standing was impossible for about a minute.

Being home alone at the time my biggest fear was that I'd pass out and bleed out, and either my wife or my youngest kid would come home and find me dead in a pool of blood. I didn't want to do that to them. Being a bit loopy, once I got some ice wrapped in a damp towel to apply cold and pressure to the wound, I grabbed a sponge and a bucket to clean up the blood... and left a blood trail everywhere I went. It looked like a murder scene, complete with bloody footprints.

Sorry it's not a better story. The wife who liked to hurl heavy things at me was long gone by then.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Wow. I bet that left a mark.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:37 PM
bargeman
Professional

Any cut, no matter how small above your shoulders your always bleed like a stuck pig. There should be a thread about this sorta thing. How many of us have been under a vehicle working above our heads and the tool slips out of your hand? All you can do is close your eyes and wait for the pain.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread