2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 12:20 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I think the worst you will have to deal with will be weight gain.
Statistically, pot users actually have lower body mass than their non-using counterparts. Anecdotally, I've lost 35 pounds legalization and development of a daily smoking habit.

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
The two towns I live near don't have marijuana stores.
I'm hip! When I run out I get to feeling like a Cuban boat person: 90 miles to freedom.

That's actually the run on which I check my mountain highway mileage to see how well I'm doing in my quest for economy. 15.6MPG on the last run up and back, with winds of 10MPH gusting to something like 40MPH as my tailwind going and headwind returning, with several miles of road construction along the way. It was a tough winter for the roads that are already hurting from the heavy truck traffic that accompanies all of the freaking fracking around here.

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
I have enough problems with my own demons haunting me I don't need any help.
I've found marijuana quite good at painlessly vanquishing quite a number of my own demons. That effect I spoke of, of turning the mind up and enabling it to make associations that were previously impossible, is remarkably useful.

It'll probably happen from time to time that an unpleasant thought will arise and you won't want to stare at the damned thing feeling rotten about it. So just choose to think another thought, and the unpleasant one will just float away like it was never there at all. It's a high that you get to control, not like being whacked with a chemical or even a botanical hallucinogen.

I actually find it very enjoyable to just pick a thought to pursue and let my mind run with it. When it gets too far off on a tangent I don't care to explore, I just put it back on the original train of thought -- if I can remember what it was. Ain't no big thing if I don't, though.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:05 AM
bargeman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very informative. I just may try to do some research on my own.

All I can remember (Back in high school) is that It would make me laugh so hard that nothing would come out. Also the getting munchies and exploring the feminine persuasion to great detail. Especially the last part. One in particular said she could see fireworks during the finally. Good times, gooooooooood times.....

Old 05-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The stories in Oklahoma about the Demon Weed being transported from Colorado into Texas show how truly ignorant the bible thumpers are. Then again, these idiots vote against their best interests in the name of "stiggin' it!" The Daily Oklahoman ran a story, last Sunday, detailing how one of the sheriffs in the Panhandle spends a lot of effort targeting vehicles "he knows" are transporting marijuana and those efforts "take away from following up on rapes, murders, and child abuse cases". Sounds to me like that idiot has his priorities wrong, not to mention the litany of subjective, illegal searches being performed.

I'll be vested in my 401K in a couple of years and will most likely pull up stakes and head east. Hell, I just sweated bullets for two hours this past Friday, waiting to see if a tornado headed my way would be taking out my house. Fortunately, it lost steam a few miles from town. My area was hit with the remnant, which was a severe thunderstorm.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:02 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Gary-L
The Daily Oklahoman ran a story, last Sunday, detailing how one of the sheriffs in the Panhandle spends a lot of effort targeting vehicles "he knows" are transporting marijuana and those efforts "take away from following up on rapes, murders, and child abuse cases".
Investigating crimes against persons is nowhere near as much fun as getting out on the road to be a badass highway robber operating under cover of civil asset forfeiture law.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:24 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 05-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Investigating crimes against persons is nowhere near as much fun as getting out on the road to be a badass highway robber operating under cover of civil asset forfeiture law.
Yep. The dumbass Okie cops and prosecutors have been fighting Civil Asset Forfeiture reform this year. Fortunately, the dingbat Governor signed a bill which allows CAF victims to recuperate attorneys fees and court costs. Just recently, a guy who had been fund raising had over $50,000 cash seized because the police officer effecting the traffic stop "knew it was drug money". The victim received restitution and some extra because the prosecution felt like complete dumb-asses when the story was verified.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:34 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

The dumbass Okie cops and prosecutors have been fighting Civil Asset Forfeiture reform this year.
I've been seeing that in the news. It's not at all surprising -- same thing has happened all over the country when legislators try to reign in the CAF's.

Funny thing about our Constitution: It doesn't seem to have much of any effect at all unless a rich man's reading from it.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:25 AM
Gary-L
Legend

I've been seeing that in the news. It's not at all surprising -- same thing has happened all over the country when legislators try to reign in the CAF's.

Funny thing about our Constitution: It doesn't seem to have much of any effect at all unless a rich man's reading from it.
From today's paper: If you don't like it, move to a state where pot is legal

Elin Bhaird (Your Views, April 23) is incorrect. It's not logical that a group wanting to decriminalize marijuana can't get enough signatures together to get the issue on the ballot but is representing most Oklahomans? Moving to a state where pot is legal is an option open to you.

I plan to stay here and continue to vote people like Attorney General Scott Pruitt into office.

Paula McLaughlin, Oklahoma City
Look up Representative Carl Vinson, sometime. He stated he wished Prohibition were the law of the land. But followed up, stating he cherished and respected the freedom secured under the Constitution so much he believed that overrode his personal beliefs.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:42 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Look up Representative Carl Vinson, sometime.
I did just that, a number of years ago when the Navy named a new boat after him. I went and looked it over, and afterward went to the library to find out what it was about the guy that made them want to name an oceangoing medium security prison for remarkably tall third graders after him. I lack the authoritarian mindset that seems to be required to find anything admirable in the man.

That said, I do understand and appreciate your point.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Gary-L
Legend

I did just that, a number of years ago when the Navy named a new boat after him. I went and looked it over, and afterward went to the library to find out what it was about the guy that made them want to name an oceangoing medium security prison for remarkably tall third graders after him. I lack the authoritarian mindset that seems to be required to find anything admirable in the man.

That said, I do understand and appreciate your point.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I spent quite a few years on that "prison". Just remember, he was the Father of the Two Ocean Navy. He also turned down the job of SecDef when offered by Eisenhower. His response? "No thanks. I'd rather continue running the Pentagon from the House of Representatives.

Some Navy **** for you:

Those are all the USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) (aka The Chuckie Vee, aka The Chuck Wagon).

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread