2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 07:24 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary-L
Yeah, an electro-mechanical setup is a backup plan; however, going the other route is akin to most guys who mod their vehicles.
In that case, make sure to take full advantage of the kernel's inotify interface, libev, and libeio. Extreme overkill for a thermostat, but when you later want or need to make lightweight and powerful asynchronous event driven applications you'll be very pleased with them. Maybe made insane by the learning curve if you've not done those things before -- that's half the fun.

And the things run Debian, so you get geek cred for it.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:41 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lil bit of fun at the office this morning, was driving South on I95 through Springfield and roughly about 500' in front of me I see a dark grey sedan swerve from the right to left lane and end up blocking the left/center lanes while facing the wrong direction.

Apparently she hit a Chevy Astro van which caused the van to hit a semi, no real damage that I could see to those vehicles, also no injuries. The sedan was dinged up pretty good on both sides.

So I flip on the emergency beacons and hit the arrow board to block until Fire/Rescue get there.

As soon as the car stops the driver immediately gets out, now I'm thinking to inspect her vehicle.... Nope.

She gets out and plops right on her *** and starts rolling around in the center lane, I **** you not, it was the full stop, drop, and roll. All while ranting and raving about something.

Some good Samaritans who stopped carried her over the left shoulder and watched over her, in the time it takes for me to put out some flares she's getting combative with the people helping her, trying to get away etc...

So fire/rescue shows up and the combative turns into pulling peoples hair and cussing...

Once the SSP's arrived I was able to clear the scene, noticed that it took around 4 fire fighters to get her in the ambo...

Good times.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ Yet another reason I need to get a new dashcam. I about witnessed a jackass in a Mazda 3, who putted along when I merged onto the Interstate last week, discover the accelerator about 7 miles later. He started pulling "Fast & Furious" and damn near clipped another vehicle during a lane-change while almost being clipped by a vehicle executing a legal lane-change. He kept up his Zoom-Zoom, Zig-Zag through the S-curve by Tinker AFB. I thought for certain I was going to witness a game of pinball several times.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:13 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
She gets out and plops right on her *** and starts rolling around in the center lane, I **** you not, it was the full stop, drop, and roll. All while ranting and raving about something.
That sort of thing isn't so unusual, really. I hope they treated her right on the way to the ER and brain scan.

Originally Posted by Gary-L
^^ Yet another reason I need to get a new dashcam.
To relive your glory days as a hall monitor, or for YouTube fame and fortune?

Old 06-13-2016, 11:21 AM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
If you hate computers enough to put Windows on them, you shouldn't be surprised when they start hating you back.
Darn! I missed the Linux discussion. I run linux at home, but at work I'm stuck running Windows on an imaged Windows 7 box...

Old 06-13-2016, 08:19 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
To relive your glory days as a hall monitor, or for YouTube fame and fortune?
Funny you should mention it. I witnessed a vehicle broadside another on the Interstate during the drive home. I really need to get with it and buy another dash camera. I had a front row seat for the action. Thankfully, both drivers (women-folk) did an excellent job maintaining control of their respective vehicles (at 50+mph) and were able to pull over safely. I called the accident as a witness, but they opted to just swap insurance information. I gave both my number.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:15 PM
Gary-L
Legend

OK, another dash cam worthy moment. This time, it was during my morning commute.

I'm on I-35 headed north to the I-44 junction. I'm in the left-hand lane because the exit I need is actually to the left, I'm proceeding approximately 65mph when I notice the guy behind me (and also the guy behind him) move to the right lane. Guy #1 is cutting it a bit close as he activates his signal to move into my lane. Guy #2 is riding his butt so close that as #1 is moving, #2 tries to outfox him by driving up his driver's side. I figure one is going to run the other off the road, so I back off. #1 refuses to budge and actually moves over at a quicker pace. #2 backs off just enough so his front end is not shaved off, but he's so close to #1 that if #1 would have tapped the brake they would have made instant contact. I was waiting for that to happen.

I need to start pricing quality dash cams and post video on my YouTube channel.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:10 AM
stewie01
Legend
Old 06-15-2016, 03:57 PM
stewie01
Legend

Ya know, I've always considered myself Democrat, not liberal, but Democrat, like back when Dem's and Republicans could work towards goals for this country. Now having said that I've always considered myself a bit of both when it came to gun control.

But in having a Facebook discussion with some very much liberal people about gun control I realize just how stupid they sound.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,195 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Ya know, I've always considered myself Democrat, not liberal, but Democrat, like back when Dem's and Republicans could work towards goals for this country. Now having said that I've always considered myself a bit of both when it came to gun control.

But in having a Facebook discussion with some very much liberal people about gun control I realize just how stupid they sound.
Wander thru the comments on the various articles about gun control on Yahoo.com...... It will either make you laugh your keester off, **** you off beyond belief, or make you wonder how the human race has lasted as long as it has, with some of its members being that stupid.

(I am pro-second amendment..... I think EVERYONE should carry. An armed society, is a polite society.)

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread