2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 02:48 PM
wotansmopar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust Tips

Well I had an in-sta buy this afternoon and got me a magnaflow angle-cut tip, 4in cause they dont make 4.5 supposenly at the local shop. soo proud of it now, I had them place it on a 45degree angle from the bumper cause I love that look 20dodge. One question tho, my exhaust goes like 2in pipe from engine into 2.5 outlet cats, then the 2.5in y pipe connects to the 3in axle pipe into a 4in tip, am I loosing any power because of the inconsistency of pipe sizes?

Old 12-06-2007, 02:59 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain

ORIGINAL: kowboydmac

Wouldn't that cat-tip setup produce massive amounts of cab resonating tones? blah. Bet it sounds badass though.
Insane amounts of resonance. But it does sound pretty damn badass

Old 12-06-2007, 05:25 PM
8t5gt
Veteran

currently i run stock manifolds, true dual highflow magnaflow cats into two thrush glasspacks. side exit the front of the passenger tire. so slash at least 18' long and 3.5 diameter i love drawing attention to myself hahah :P its funny when theres a lowrider beside u and u step on it with side exit pipes :P i wish i had a diesel .the huge puff of smoke lmfao a ricer with a black face:P

Old 12-06-2007, 11:06 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Wotansmopar, hmm..howcome you have so many different piping sizes goin on? I think that would have a lot to do with the sound and performance your exhaust. I think you should run a true dual on that beast! 2.5" true dual with no cats and dynomax bullets, or no mufflers if you want. MY god it'd be so loud, the dual look would look awesome, and you could use one of the tips you just bought, you'd just need one moe. That truck is a true giant man, if I owned it, I'd maximize its potential liek my bro has done with his 7.5L. He runs that true dual and its just amazing. He runs the same tips as I do with the same sweep style, and its incredible. The truck just breathes so much, and sounds awesome, his towing is even more effortless, and the thing just hauls ***, even better on the highway now because its free flowing. I mean u have a nice system rite now, no doubt, but i think you should all out man. It will sound way better (already sounds amazing)...it will loook incredible, and you'll get better gas mileage. If you go crazy, run some longtube headers, and oooweeeee she'll be poppin!!!! Go with the 2.5" true dual, your truck can handle the bigger piping because the enigne is just so damn big.

8t5gt, that thing must be loud man. IT's gonna look good. So do you have two pipes out before the passeanger tire rite now since it's a true dual? I wanna hear her!

Old 12-06-2007, 11:25 PM
BIGRED97
Captain

hey kowboymac you wanna see a loud truck get pulled over by a cop, just follow me around for awhile. they tend to like me.. something to do with a lead foot though

and i really like the idea of this under the truck it gives the look of turndowns from the backside but it keep s better sound... hmm tons of new ideas.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Tips