2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pix of the Headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:23 PM
XXL 1500
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pix of the Headers

damn i like those headers..
i might have to buy some of those for my truck....
[sm=joke.gif]

Old 01-13-2008, 10:25 PM
XXL 1500
Captain

ORIGINAL: 8t5gt

cant wait to see and hear them man. im starting to like the 44's btw and im gonna take my cats off in a couple weeks so that i can reinstall em come emissions testing. not meaning to jack ur thread. as for the poll i go with drive thru.

"sir may i take your order"
"Vrooooooooooooooooooooooom"
"whats that i cant hear u sir speak up"
"Vroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom"

lmfao

hahaha
i HATE THAT!!
i can't go thru drive-thrus anymore cause im just idling and they YELL "SIR CAN YOU CUT YO TRUCK OFF?"
I yell back - "NO"
and i just pull around.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:38 AM
cdusthockey
Veteran

cant wait to get some pics, im allready looking foreward to getting a set myself this summer. but like you had in your other post, your truck may be slow because of your large exhaust diameter. once you get the fastman and the intake on that should wake that beast right up.

i just went over to Dans (fastman) place last week and got one of the throttle bodies he had. he said he wasnt going to be able to get to it until next week, but when he found out i was a local he told me to stop bye the next day and we threw it in there. Dan is one of the most down to earth guys you can meet and im sure your gonna like it. Ohh and the butt dyno is deffinately showing results!!

good luck tomorrow

Old 01-14-2008, 01:17 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

20dodgeneon

After you get the headers installed can you take a picture of where the Y-pipe lines up and maybe a picture of how the driverside rear tail pipe routes around the spare tire. I haven't installed my headers yet. I'mwaiting until I get down to SC. I just need an estimate of how long of a pipe I need from the Y-pipe to the muffler. I'm also having problems with the dual exhaust installation. I had it all installed but the shock and leaf springs were beating the crap out of the driverside pipe. After looking at it I think that I was supposed toinstall the muffler on it's side instead of flat. That way the pipe would have been on the other side of the shock. The thing that stupid about it is if the muffler is on it'sside then part of it sits below the frame. I would think you would want the muffler above the frame. Anyways I can't fix the drivers side pipe until I get to SC because I'm going to haveto cut the passanger side pipe to get it dissconnected from the muffler and I won't be able to weld it until I'm moved.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:48 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah, so ok, knowing me, nothing goes smoothly.. I called the shop to see what the progress was of the truck. His secretary said he was having a tough time with it, and that he went home for the day, and it won't be done till tomorrow. Err I can't stand it, I get way too psyched up for this and then get rejected, it's the worst combo. Im pissed that of all days, it decided to fricken blizzard the day I try to get the headers in...I'm pretty pissed, and now my truck is stuck overnight at a shop...great, just what I wanted.....

Old 01-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry dude, that's why you should do your own work. While it blizzards outside, you could be in your garage putting on some nice headers. I can't think of too many other better ways to spend time during a storm.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Bluebone
Rookie

I think I'm almost as disappointed as you. [&:] I really want to see how this turns out so I can start putting my parts lists together.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:24 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Man I know! I'm so dissapointed. I'm wicked pissed my baby is sitting in a lot over night. It's why I went with this guy, he's the "best" around anywhere, and he usually pops anything out. I'm pretty confident he didn't finish today because of the blizzard. I called around 3pm, and his secretary said he had already headed out which suprised me. So hopefully tomorrow he'll have her finished up, and that he won't exceed his 3-4 hour estimate. I have $310 in my bank right now, and thats to pay for the headers and get me through the week as well, yeah I know stupid, but whatever, im too impulsive to wait. Anyway, I'll know by tomorrow. And I can get some sick *** vids up hopefully!

Old 01-15-2008, 02:57 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Got the truck back! Very insane. Truck start-up sounds about the same, when you step on the gas, my god. Videos tonight, you will be disgusted...in a good way

Be home around 10-11pm

Old 01-15-2008, 05:57 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

Glad to hear you got your truck back. I finally got my replacement headers delivered and I'm starting the install tomorrow! This is off topic but I was wondering how much snow you ended up getting, the storm almost completely missed me here in Vermont (only3-4 inches).

Quick Reply: Pix of the Headers