2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel I lost some torque?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:04 PM
johnjokela
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel loss of torque..wtf?

i know what you mean about abusing the engine, i've been so pissed ive just shoved it to the floor while in park and let the rev limiter hit over and over and overwhaaaaaaaaa whaaaa whaaaa , i didnt care at the time if it blew or not!!!!!!!!!! ( yeah i know..... stupid) but have you guys ever been there???

Old 01-17-2008, 09:49 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

No, I can honestly say I've never done anything that ridiculous to my truck before.

Just punch somebody, at least their face will heal.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha... I do that all the time when Im pissed... Just punch it waaa waaa waaa waaa waaa... shoove it in drive real hard floor it and burnout half the street.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well we all learned some important things today.

1.) Don't let other people touch your truck

2.) Don't go to an exhaust shop in maine (they ****ed up Ramguy 318s truck too)

3.) Don't splice the 02 sensor wires

4.) Sometimes getting off your *** and doing something for youself benefits you more than spending hundereds of dollars to let someone else "give it a go"

*EDIT*

I almost forgot the most important one...

...If you do let someone else experiment on your truck, make sure you inspect the job BEFORE you leave their garage!

Old 01-18-2008, 02:16 AM
RamGuy318
Professional

true. thats why i wont go to another muffler shop to have a muffler put on.. ill have them bend the pipes but thats it.. i might not even let them do that.. They dont care about the customer.. only whats in their wallets. lesson learned.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:15 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Cereal I agree with most of that, but the notion of me not geting off my *** isn't something I agree with there. To me, unless you are really know what you are doing, and spend a lot of time in a garage and or have some backdoor knowledge about it, then it's just not smart to do aj ob like that until you do have a little more knowledge. This guy is really good at what he does, the fact HE had issues further supports how much **** hell I would have been in if I was doing it in my driveway. I def. wouldn't have finished in a day, and then I'd have snapped bolts eveywhere, sounds like a nightmare, AND, it'd be all my fault. Now, since he did it, if anything went wrong, i get to blame HIM. I'm making him make it right tuesday, and if anything goes wrong, I will fault him on it. I also never get time to do a project like that, ever. I'm either working, going to college, or getting laid, NEVER ENOUGH TIME

Old 01-18-2008, 10:18 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

Cereal I agree with most of that, but the notion of me not geting off my *** isn't something I agree with there. To me, unless you are really know what you are doing, and spend a lot of time in a garage and or have some backdoor knowledge about it, then it's just not smart to do aj ob like that until you do have a little more knowledge. This guy is really good at what he does, the fact HE had issues further supports how much **** hell I would have been in if I was doing it in my driveway. I def. wouldn't have finished in a day, and then I'd have snapped bolts eveywhere, sounds like a nightmare, AND, it'd be all my fault. Now, since he did it, if anything went wrong, i get to blame HIM. I'm making him make it right tuesday, and if anything goes wrong, I will fault him on it. I also never get time to do a project like that, ever. I'm either working, going to college, or getting laid, NEVER ENOUGH TIME
Does the chick have a supper 44 tattooed on her ***. If not then I don’t see how you’d be interested in chicks.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:39 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

your really cutting hairs at that point. extending the wires by 6" or a foot isnt going to make that big of a diffrence in resistance....
No I don't think I am. This is the same reason you have to be careful of where and how you splice in an air/fuel gauge. The one I installed, for example, was very clear about how to make the splice so as not to impact the resistance. They have you remove the jacket on the wire your going to splice into, and solder the a/f connection to the wire, making sure to never cut the o2 wire to make your splice. In addition, my meter also features what they call differential inputs that are designed to preserve the accuracy of the signal coming from the o2 sensor. I doubt they would go through this trouble if it made no difference.
I agree there is a proper way and an improper way to solder the wires properly, but as far as a couple inches of wire creating resistance that would throw thecomputer off more than the improper location of the o2 sensor I do not agree with. I guess well have to agree to disagree.
I just realized something. We’ve all been talking about relocating O2 sensors and how it causes problems to splice into the wire and extend it. I think that you can do it and here’s why. The front O2 sensor controls the fuel mixture. I say if you’re worried about resistance don’t move the front O2 sensor. The rear O2 sensor however only tells the computer if the cat is functioning. It doesn’t control how the truck runs at all. It’s just there to tell you that the cat isn’t working. I say extend it the worst that could happen is eventually that connection comes loose and it throws and CEL. Then to fix you just need to redo the splice.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:16 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: ICEMAN_CH

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

your really cutting hairs at that point. extending the wires by 6" or a foot isnt going to make that big of a diffrence in resistance....
No I don't think I am. This is the same reason you have to be careful of where and how you splice in an air/fuel gauge. The one I installed, for example, was very clear about how to make the splice so as not to impact the resistance. They have you remove the jacket on the wire your going to splice into, and solder the a/f connection to the wire, making sure to never cut the o2 wire to make your splice. In addition, my meter also features what they call differential inputs that are designed to preserve the accuracy of the signal coming from the o2 sensor. I doubt they would go through this trouble if it made no difference.
I agree there is a proper way and an improper way to solder the wires properly, but as far as a couple inches of wire creating resistance that would throw thecomputer off more than the improper location of the o2 sensor I do not agree with. I guess well have to agree to disagree.
I just realized something. We’ve all been talking about relocating O2 sensors and how it causes problems to splice into the wire and extend it. I think that you can do it and here’s why. The front O2 sensor controls the fuel mixture. I say if you’re worried about resistance don’t move the front O2 sensor. The rear O2 sensor however only tells the computer if the cat is functioning. It doesn’t control how the truck runs at all. It’s just there to tell you that the cat isn’t working. I say extend it the worst that could happen is eventually that connection comes loose and it throws and CEL. Then to fix you just need to redo the splice.
mhm. This O2 extention is a moot point either way with a gutted cat. What you need 20dodge, is a sim. All the proper wireing in the world wont stop it from reading a "failed" cat and trying to compensate. I went through this when my setup was installed. The only reason I would run a rear 02 is if you decide to get a new cat and want the real readings. Fake readings are better than a failed reading imo.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:44 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

+1 Sim would deffinetly be the way to. On the other hand he's lucky in that the computer isn't picking up that the cat is hollow. So he dosn't exactly need a sim but, he deffinetly needs something pluged into that connector.

Quick Reply: LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel I lost some torque?