2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel I lost some torque?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel loss of torque..wtf?

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

I'd have snapped bolts eveywhere, sounds like a nightmare, AND, it'd be all my fault.
I don't think so. If you'd have done it yourself you'd have been spraying pb blaster all over those bolts everyday since you got those headers, and you'd have been using a rachet.

That dude probably jumped in there and stuck an impact wrench on them dry and snapped them right off.

People don't care about vehicles that aren't theirs. and no "proffessional" leaves broken off bolts in your head... a "proffessional" knows what a tap and dieis... and that's really the part that concerns me the most.

Now i can understand being busy and not having the time to do it, but I'd have let those headers sit in my basement till summer before I pay someone as much to install them as I payed to buy them in the first place.Hell I got 2" Performance accessories bodylift sitting in my basement until I get a nice sunny day, or until one of my buddies with a garage has a day off work same time as me. You and your brother both like working on trucks, I'm sure together (and maybe with some help from a chiltons manual) you guys could tackle just about anything that's not automatic transmission repair. Have some faith, it's just nuts and bolts

Hope your guy fixes it right this time, i'd hate to see a post that says "**** my mechanic cracked my head [:@]" or something along those lines.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:05 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all true stuff right there man. I just couldn't wait though, I just have the worst patience in the world when it comes to mods. They were just sitting in my livingroom, and I wanted them in so bad. The only problem I should be dealing with right now is how much money I spent to have them installed, having it done sketchy shouldn't have been an issue, he really ****ed me in that department. I am interested in that though, this summer, I'm grabbing a manual, and I plan to work with my bro and tackle our trucks together, makes more sense!

Old 01-18-2008, 03:59 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

so did you learn your lesson and are nowgoing to do things yourself?

Old 01-18-2008, 07:36 PM
cdusthockey
Veteran

so whats the plan for your Bro's truck, just gonna bite the bullet and put them in yourself? gotta love the bloddy knuckles

Old 01-18-2008, 08:16 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

Fo' Shiz Diz

As for my brothers truck...idk, I'd like to tackle it with him...but I'm a little nervous. In the Doug Thorley description, it says the enigne is going to need to be lifted up to get them in there, and I sure as hell don't know if we are goin to be able to pick up a 460 lmao. We're gonna look into it Monday when we have no work and classes off. It'd be ideal to do it ourselves though, save the money, and gain the experience and knowledge. I may plan at some point to run a true dual. I want to see first though if his truck gains h/p when his headers are in because he runs a true dual right now. I'd be nervous though to get a true dual, because I like how loud my system is right now, and it's a complete 3" system as it stands now, and even that's too big. I think a true dual would be devastating on my truck..power and noise wise.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:54 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

start sprayin the bolts with pb blaster a couple times a day.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:09 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bunch of monkeys fing a football...LOL

Old 01-20-2008, 02:13 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

::hump::

Old 01-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Fo' Shiz Diz

I think a true dual would be devastating on my truck..power and noise wise.

So Indy how devestating were the true duals on your truck? Power and noise wise of course...

Old 01-20-2008, 08:32 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

Fo' Shiz Diz

I think a true dual would be devastating on my truck..power and noise wise.

So Indy how devestating were the true duals on your truck? Power and noise wise of course...
well i cant say as far as power, for I have no measuring stick as far as exhaust systems with the headers, first setup was "perfect" so I havent changed it. The noise it a little excessive but thats 100% due to my selection of mufflers ontop of no cats. If I ran something like 44s it would sound somuch tamer (if thats a word)

Quick Reply: LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel I lost some torque?