2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel I lost some torque?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:56 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel loss of torque..wtf?

I know how you feel. Mine is at the shop now. It's getting a APS transmission put in with a B&M cooler although the transmission hasn't gotten here yet, a Auburn Limited Slip in the rear, and new ball joints. The transmission has been acting up for a while so I've mostly given up on driving it was it had gotten bad to where I was afraid it would leave me stranded. I'm hoping to get it all worked out within the next 3 weeks or so and have it back to normal. The bad thing is I just put a 4 channel amp and component speakers in it at Christmas and I can't even enjoy them now.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:15 PM
cdusthockey
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hometheaterman, what the tranny, cooler, limited-slip, and B-joints running ya, thats gonna be one hell of a check to write!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:24 PM
killerbud420
Veteran

i didin read all of the replys so i dont know if anybody said this or notbut its cause you had the cats takin off put them back on or some hi flowan you will get what your lookin for you need some back pressure to the enginefor the torque

Old 01-23-2008, 11:50 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

ORIGINAL: cdusthockey

hometheaterman, what the tranny, cooler, limited-slip, and B-joints running ya, thats gonna be one hell of a check to write!
In all honesty I've lost count of it. The transmission is from APS and is $3585.80. The cooler around $170. The ball joints are in the $700 range with parts and labor, the Limited Slip was is around $400 as I had to send it back once which cost me $18. Not quite $400 into it and I'm not sure what labor on it and the transmission will be yet. I'm guessing 500-600 on the rear end and not sure on the transmission yet.

I keep having a fear of my pleneum leaking but when inspecting it there is a slight bit of oil that looks new not black on a edge but very little and there is a little sludge but not really a pool anywhere and when doing to suction test like posted to do it passes that fine as it blows out. I'm hoping it will last a while as I bet thats another grand by the time I get parts and labor.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:59 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Sorry posted in wrong thread. Please delete this post.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:13 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you should go down early tomm without telling him,and finish watching his job and look at evreything before taking it back. and breath down his neck so it done right!!

Old 01-24-2008, 10:58 AM
johnjokela
Veteran

he's probally snapping more bolts off ,and ran out of DUCT TAPE and Bailing Wire to finish the job j/k hope everything works out, let us know

Old 01-24-2008, 11:32 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Yeah in for updates haha

Old 01-24-2008, 11:46 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Got the truck back. Cat is behind the y-pipe now and looks great. Leaks are gone as well. Weird gurgly noise is still coming from dashboard, but it's obvious the coolant system just needs to be bleed and refilled. I know he got air in the system, but it's not worth getting it done from him, I am just not bringing it back there. Truck was running good though this morning. Case and point with headers...torque remained the same, mid range and upper end is much better. I did a couple high speed passes today on the way home with the truck, and the truck responded very well and sounded like a beast. I slammed it around 50mph and it roared up to 85 mph very nicely, so that's what the headers have been good for. I mean do not get me wrong, the headers do help on torque, but just not initital torque, you feel them kick in more so in 3500 range in first and second gear, so they are nice for street racing, which will be nice. Now I am just focused on getting the volant intake system with the air scoop...then, FASTMAN tb.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:51 AM
johnjokela
Veteran

SOUNDS GOOD!!!! now you know you have to take some pics of the new job he did ,for us to aprove of it come on ,we gotta see what he did, and did he say anything to you when the job was done?

Quick Reply: LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel I lost some torque?