2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel I lost some torque?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:03 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel loss of torque..wtf?

I wouldn't think that the headers being on wrong for that little of time could have messed up the valves and it doesn't sound like they were on all that bad. Or could it have?

I do know though when the valves got too tight on a dirtbike that I had it wouldn't idle and had a hard time starting without gas. I thought it was the carb as it would only run if you were on the gas but turned out to be the valves were too tight and already tightened as far as they would go.

Maybe something to check into but I don't see how they would have been messed up from that little time but then again I don't know a whole lot about them.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Bluebone
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But what's REALLY important is>>>>>what kind of headers are these girls putting on this engine in the Dell commercial? I won't buy a Dell without longtubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhtgw-tOj-o

Can you do better than punk girls using Gearwrenches, random welding sparks, and Devo music all in one place?

Sorry, had a need to post SOMETHING in this epic thread.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:17 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

Lol, If you cant figgure out a simple thing like why your truck is making the "boiling water sound" you shouldnt be commenting on anything. (its low coolant lvl btw) Im done being kind. Let this thread die.

WTF??!!! You do know this called a ****ing forum right??!! If everybody knew every ****ing thing, there wouldn't be a need for this ****ing forum you ****ing asswipe! If you know what's wrong with my truck, then lets hear what you ****ing got dickass. I am so sick and tired of hearing this psuito precedant that if you don't know how to "do it yourself" then you shouldn't be on this forum, or your an idiot. I never claimed I knew everything, I AM LEARNING, since when is this such a bad thing???!!!!!!! So what, just because I don't know what the **** something is, your going to try and lights out my ****ing thread, now what and the hell kind of use is this forum if that's what happens to someone that doesn't know what is wrong with their truck. IF you dont want to help me out and see what is going on with my truck then go **** yourself and go put your time somewhere else. Im sorry if I dont base my life into a truck. Im going to college full time and work 50 hours a ****ing week, Im pretty damn sure most of you arent doing that, so go **** yourself mother****ers. INDY go **** yourself, you couldnt have contradicted yourself or the use of this forum anymore by trying to shut someone off who doesn't know whats going on. This forum isnt meant for guys to discuss how much they know about trucks and how they did it all themselves, what you want a ****in backrub for knowing how to do alot of **** on a truck. Sorry if that defines some of you as REAL MEN because you know how to ****ing turn a wrench, good for you. Try going to school for the next 8 years fulltime while still retaining 50 hours a week. Im sick and tired of getting ****ted on, its so annoying. I dont need negative input or biases from ******** who just have their panties up in a bunch because someone who is new the game is learning here. I came onto this forum to receive help, DUHHH. So people it's simple....you dont like me or you dont want to help, fine, **** yourself, just dont bother me. If you have positive intentions, and want to teach and not preach how great you are, then please, give me your insights. ****ING PERIOD ****ERS.

P/S: This thread is long because there is still an ongoing problem with the truck. Last time I tried making seperate threads, I got bitched at by a bunch of liberal ***gots saying I needed to leave it one thread so it could all be consolidated. So what now, am I supposed to split it up, or do you want this in one big thread. You call the damn shot, but quit ****ing with me ppl, I dont wanna hear it. This guy knows how to get it done ****ing right, I got a mint ****ing truck and thats because of ME! I have a very pure and innocent passion for vehicles, and Im not gonna let a few chunkdick egotistical little girly men try and shoot me down because I dont know too much about ****. Again, I am learning. You guys do know the forum is designed for a resource right? Your retarded, **** off, or grow up and start being useful. I odnt need anyone to be nice to me, but at least be useful. Quit the bitching. If you have nothing useful to say, **** off and leave my threads alone, stop polluting them

Old 01-28-2008, 09:31 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

wow, what a rant, who the f*ck is gonna help you now, i think that was completely childish dude, you need to chill out

Old 01-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Bluebone
Rookie

ORIGINAL: TheForce55555

wow, what a rant, who the f*ck is gonna help you now, i think that was completely childish dude, you need to chill out
Perhaps a little over the top, but given the attitude in some of the replies I don't think it was completely out of line.

May be time to lock this thread and put it out to pasture?

Old 01-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00
WTF??!!! You do know this called a ****ing forum right??!! If everybody knew every ****ing thing, there wouldn't be a need for this ****ing forum you ****ing asswipe! If you know what's wrong with my truck, then lets hear what you ****ing got dickass. I am so sick and tired of hearing this psuito precedant that if you don't know how to "do it yourself" then you shouldn't be on this forum, or your an idiot. I never claimed I knew everything, I AM LEARNING, since when is this such a bad thing???!!!!!!! So what, just because I don't know what the **** something is, your going to try and lights out my ****ing thread, now what and the hell kind of use is this forum if that's what happens to someone that doesn't know what is wrong with their truck. IF you dont want to help me out and see what is going on with my truck then go **** yourself and go put your time somewhere else. Im sorry if I dont base my life into a truck. Im going to college full time and work 50 hours a ****ing week, Im pretty damn sure most of you arent doing that, so go **** yourself mother****ers. INDY go **** yourself, you couldnt have contradicted yourself or the use of this forum anymore by trying to shut someone off who doesn't know whats going on. This forum isnt meant for guys to discuss how much they know about trucks and how they did it all themselves, what you want a ****in backrub for knowing how to do alot of **** on a truck. Sorry if that defines some of you as REAL MEN because you know how to ****ing turn a wrench, good for you. Try going to school for the next 8 years fulltime while still retaining 50 hours a week. Im sick and tired of getting ****ted on, its so annoying. I dont need negative input or biases from ******** who just have their panties up in a bunch because someone who is new the game is learning here. I came onto this forum to receive help, DUHHH. So people it's simple....you dont like me or you dont want to help, fine, **** yourself, just dont bother me. If you have positive intentions, and want to teach and not preach how great you are, then please, give me your insights. ****ING PERIOD ****ERS.

P/S: This thread is long because there is still an ongoing problem with the truck. Last time I tried making seperate threads, I got bitched at by a bunch of liberal ***gots saying I needed to leave it one thread so it could all be consolidated. So what now, am I supposed to split it up, or do you want this in one big thread. You call the damn shot, but quit ****ing with me ppl, I dont wanna hear it. This guy knows how to get it done ****ing right, I got a mint ****ing truck and thats because of ME! I have a very pure and innocent passion for vehicles, and Im not gonna let a few chunkdick egotistical little girly men try and shoot me down because I dont know too much about ****. Again, I am learning. You guys do know the forum is designed for a resource right? Your retarded, **** off, or grow up and start being useful. I odnt need anyone to be nice to me, but at least be useful. Quit the bitching. If you have nothing useful to say, **** off and leave my threads alone, stop polluting them
Well guess what, i'll make the decicion easy for you. I'm locking this thread because it has gotten out of hand. Post a new one with the most current problem your having,and leave the long tube -vs short tube debate out of it.

20DodgeNeon00, you proclaimed yourself to be a beginner who is still learning. Fine, we were all there at one point (and FYI I once worked over 50 hours and wentto school full time too, so don't even act like you own the market on that either). Problem is,you refuse to take advice from those who actually are much more knowledgable. They try to tell you something, and you start argueing that you know everything, or you designed it yourself, or you brother pooped it out of his Ford. If your truely trying to learn, just ask the questions, read the various answers you get, and go back to your research to see who was right and who was blowing smoke. Who cares if someone says that your a tard because you can't turn a wrench. You get too caught up in that, and you lose sight of why you asked the question to begin with - to fix a problem.Nine times out of ten, the guys who know how to turn a wrench and spend the weekends working on their truck are going to have way more knowledge then the guys who pay to have their work done and only read about stuff on the forums. So you should be more open minded to their opinions. Doesn't mean your less of a man, just that your prorities are different. I didn't do much shad tree mechanic when I was school either unless it was to get my POS back on the road so I could get to class. With the interest you have in your truck, i'm sure you be elbow deep in grease when the time is right for you. I think you'll find it a much more pleasurable experience then sitting around hoping your truck isn't getting messed up at some shop by someone who could care less about your truck. So if the oldtimers and the wrenchers on here come of hard, who cares. Take the few nuggets of knowledge they give inbetween the BS, and continue on with what is important to you.

Everyone else, since we are all aware the 20DodgeNeon00 is new to some stuff doesn't mean you can make him your whipping boy to ridicule. If he askes a question, or anyone else for that manner, just give them a knowledagble answer. Enough with "I know more then you do" and the "your a moron because you can't even spell wrench" stuff. We are all here to learn something or to give our knowledge to those who need it. Lets keep it to that and the newbies will learn more, and probably so will the oldtimers.

Thank you and goodnight.

Quick Reply: LT Headers+Y-Pipe in..I feel I lost some torque?