2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tach selection

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Tach selection

I like that it is identical to the stock gauges, but the $30 savings is nice too.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:45 AM
dusty_duster
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good choice on the Z-series. That's what I put in my truck, and the gauges match really well:

Old 03-10-2008, 02:51 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

i like the one you had picked before. Im not a fan of the vdo's. Think of getting an extra gauge cluster and cutting it up to mount some aftermarket gauges in there?

Old 03-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's funny, i was actually planning on experimenitng with the guage cluster I recently bought, and see how easy that might be, and if it would look good, to put gauges or a digital display into the OEM cluster. I think a small multi readout digital panel imbedded into the oem cluster would be pretty cool.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:09 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

That's funny, i was actually planning on experimenitng with the guage cluster I recently bought, and see how easy that might be, and if it would look good, to put gauges or a digital display into the OEM cluster. I think a small multi readout digital panel imbedded into the oem cluster would be pretty cool.

if your trying to modify it, if you can use one from 97 previous, I think it would look a lot better and possibly be easier.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:15 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

I ran into a guy up at the local shop that had a pda hooked up to his obd2 port. He had some scanning software on it that would allow him to pull up different things that the pcm monitors as gauges.He said that it alsohad a dyno program on it.The pda was mounted to a holder coming off the console.Didn't ask what a gettup like that would cost though.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:01 PM
dusty_duster
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

http://www.scangauge.com/

Old 03-10-2008, 07:09 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

A ricer kid I know has something called an aeroforce gauge which is actually really awesome. Too bad he doesnt know what its for. It shows you a good deal of computer functions in real time. Its almost like a mt2500 in a gauge.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:18 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

I ride around with my scanner tucked underneath the arm rest. Something like that would be ideal. I don't know how they are coming up with hp. I guess maybe the calculated load coming off the pcm????? I would think you'd have to program in weight at the very least.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:25 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

Pretty cool stuff. They don't make anything for us yet. Looks like everything is 2003 up.

Quick Reply: Tach selection