2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hockey pucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
mr freeze
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hockey pucks

Can I replace the grill of my truck with a goalies mask??I cant seem to find where the snaps go.Also is the curvature correct if I wanted to used multiple hockey sticks to replace my leaf springs?

Old 04-29-2008, 07:23 PM
stumpdogg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow way to take nothing and make somthing out of it

Old 04-29-2008, 07:52 PM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya sometimes it doesn't take much.
I rather see stacked hockey pucks than stacked axle blocks I've seen stacked axle blocks way more times!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:20 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen a few truck with hockey pucks in them. I know of a lifted early 90's ford that gets rode hard and put away wet alot that has them. Seem to hold up fine....would Iuse pucks on my truck...no.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:53 PM
stumpdogg

thank you thats the kind of responce i was looking for!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:53 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

honestly, truth is, your better off leaving your truck stock than to throw some hockey pucks underneath it anyways, a quality body lift is a risk itself, and to top that off with making your own body lift, with no quality parts, is putting your rig at risk and everyone around it. And not to mention your going to lose so much offroad performance anyway, your better off leaving your rig a little lower, and trimming parts to get your larger tires in, or to trim the lowest points on your rig and get shaved differentials. By putting a cheap, or fake body lift on your truck its going to make it a rougher, more uncontrollable ride. If you want to do it, make sure you stay away from me out on the trails, because you'll drop that body off the mounts faster than a basketball on a needle. Just work a few days overtime, and get a few extra dollars, and buy yourself a cheap body lift, it mounts more flush and looks better anyway, and it wont wear down in such a short amount of time.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:58 PM
stumpdogg

I wasn't planning on actually doing it i was simply asking a question, I'm only putting a 3 inch suspension lift ( yes a proper kit) in my ram and possiably cutting my fenders.I wasn't trying to cause any ****, just a simple question, you should have seen the hack job that was on the parts truck that I was originally talking about, it had freakin pressure treated 2x4's under the box. I'm not always a *****, all apologies

If i can get picks to show everyone the hack job, its a real hoot but it was driven every day and even as a 2 wheel drive was used to plow, it has 8 spot lights between the roll bar and bush bar, i'll get pics

Old 04-29-2008, 11:17 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

I wasnt saying anything aggressive against the point, I just wanted to help out, because it really is the honest truth, it is better off to leave a truck stock when wheeling, than to give it a body lift. The only upside to a body lift is the bigger tires, but performance off the road is completely lost with a body lift.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:22 PM
stumpdogg

I wasn't impling anything, I think this just got blown way out of proportion, and for the reckord I don't like body lifts either, I hate the gap it leaves

Old 04-29-2008, 11:22 PM
rabbler
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 98cherryram
performance off the road is completely lost with a body lift.
Explain, please.

Quick Reply: hockey pucks