2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

somewhat of a problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 05:44 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default somewhat of a problem

so, me and my family are having some problems with some kids, we let a high school kid stay with us for a while because he had nowhere else to stay, I kind of knew the kid before hand and had grown to trust him, and just recently we found out that my sister was moving back in with us, so we couldnt let him stay with us anymore, so we told him and gave him plenty of warning, he was supposed to be out of the house on tuesday, well, about sunday we noticed he was acting somewhat weird but didnt think anything of it, until tuesday morning when we noticed that my mom 1.4 karat $10k ring was gone, so we hoped maybe she had lost it at first, I mean it is insured, but then my dad decided to check out some of this kids stuff before he left and found a bottle of our expensive tequila mixed in with some of his stuff, so we confronted him before he left, gave him a chance to redeem himself, but of course he denied everything, even the bottle of tequila...which we caught him redhanded with...haha.

Well here is the issue I need help with, him and his friends are now targeting us and our property because we accused him, and my truck being such a recognizable truck makes me worried, especially since they made a specific threat to mess with it, we obviously have the cops involved but these kids are white trash sleezebags and really dont care, and even though I know I could prosecute if I catch them messing with my truck, I really dont want to deal with fixing whatever they mess with, so I was wondering if anyone had any way of being able to change the look of a truck dramatically without dramatically hitting my wallet...I already took all my stickers and decals off but I just dont think its enough yet...

Old 01-15-2009, 06:02 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Damn! What has vmann been getting into lately!

Just do what I do, in a different order. Take names, Kick A$$!

Last edited by PurplDodge; 01-15-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:12 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

OMG, what a bummer. Freakin losers. Even if you change the look he still knows where you live. I'm thinking maybe energize the body with 240 volts coming off your electric panel while it's home anyway . LOL

Old 01-15-2009, 06:13 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

unfortunately, whatever you park on your property is going to be fair game to the little jerk. Maybe take it mudding and leave it muddy for a while so if they try to pour something on it, it'll wash right off. Perhaps invest in a surveillance system for the driveway (seen them at Sam's Club before) so you can get them on tape. Don't rely on the cops. It took them over a year to catch a local teen that was vandalizing cars with spaghetti sauce.

Did you get the ring back?

Old 01-15-2009, 06:15 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Damn! What has vmann been getting into lately!

Just do what I do, in a different order. Take names, Kick A$$!

You can do that at 13, not when your an adult doing it to a minor. Unless of course you take the Charles Bronson route!

Old 01-15-2009, 06:17 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend

He's too young to know who Bronson is. I know we have the Castle Doctrine in TX to help alleviate this kind of problem.

maybe hire some nastier teens to take care of it.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:21 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
You can do that at 13, not when your an adult doing it to a minor. Unless of course you take the Charles Bronson route!
Hey, they said a
Originally Posted by 98cherryram
high school kid.
who is a dumba$$ theif that hangs out with stubborn rednecks.

Im a middle school dumba$$

Old 01-15-2009, 06:23 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Maybe he can get Purple to take care of it then! And how come there is no orange grill in his sig pic anyway?

Old 01-15-2009, 06:23 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend

yeah, he's just got the mouth of a high schooler.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:32 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Then I say he should put his mouth where the money is. haha

Sorry Cherry, don't mean to make light of the situation, but it would probably be cheaper to higher someone to watch the truck at certain times then it would be to change the truck or move some where else for that matter.

Last edited by zman17; 01-15-2009 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: somewhat of a problem