2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

abs/brake light

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:03 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes i would be replacing it myself

Old 01-24-2009, 10:35 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mantisman51
Now I'm wondering. I have a 98 1500 QC and the abs/brake guage lights are on all the time. My speedo doesn't start working until 25-28 mph. Also, there is a noise from the rear end. My back keeps me from investigating, but a mechanic friend said there was no metal in the rear end and figured it was the abs sensor. If the speed and abs sensors are combined, it would explain everything. My speedo acted up a few months after the rear end noise and abs/brake light starting. Ram07 is there noise from your (Ram) rear end that gets louder and higher pitched with speed?

Yours is definitely the rwal speed sensor over the back of the differential, that is the exact symptoms for it, dodgeram07's could be different, but Im still betting on that sensor. On my truck I never actually got the speed sensor replaced since soon after my gears blew through the bottom of the axle, I ended up just getting a new axle and with it came a new rwal speed sensor, problem fixed had my speedo back and my abs and brake light were off!

Old 01-25-2009, 01:01 AM
J.Suplanski
Talking abs & brake light

Mine was both! does your cruise control work? abs switch under the battry did you check it, also sounds lke you checked the low vaccum switch mounted on the firewall, also another spot to look is under the dash below the speedometer, also the rear wheel sensors you checked already right? I had the brake fluid flushed and bled out! Last resort dissconnect the batteries. I needed a certified brake and lamp certs for the DMV, it tool the shop 4 DAYS TO GET THEM to go off, they checked all the vaccum lines WIRES going to sensors and switch's Still did not know what they did to get them to go off.They just figured everything they did helped, Got my Certs and Salvage title so I was happy

Old 01-25-2009, 03:30 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for everybodys help. i will slowy work on the problem ohio got sum snow so i don't plan on work in the drive way but i problem will.... i will let you guys know when it fixed.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Erik Kuijvenhoven
Professional

Originally Posted by J.Suplanski
Mine was both! does your cruise control work? abs switch under the battry did you check it, also sounds lke you checked thell, also another spot to look is under the dash below the speedometer, also the rear wheel sensors you checked already right? I had the brake fluid flushed and bled out! Last resort dissconnect the batteries. I needed a certified brake and lamp certs for the DMV, it tool the shop 4 DAYS TO GET THEM to go off, they checked all the vaccum lines WIRES going to sensors and switch's Still did not know what they did to get them to go off.They just figured everything they did helped, Got my Certs and Salvage title so I was happy
could u tell me what this low vaccum switch mounted on the firewall is and what it looks like ? allso where under the dash can I sheack my speedo thingy maby thats whats messed up since my speedo works fine as soon as my Cab warms up Thanks

Quick Reply: abs/brake light