2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

body lift install

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:15 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer
I might do this to hold myself off for the day when I can afford the sky jacker 7" long arm kit.

Ahahahah, thats funny. Honestly, that is exactly why I have the setup I have right now... when I bought the truck new I didnt have the cash to splurge on a full-on suspension kit, so I put the diesel coils and add-a-leafs in until I could save up for a real kit. Well, ten years later I am still saving for a real kit

Old 04-07-2009, 09:22 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by TIMIDONE
What shocks would you recommend? I am gathering information for now...I got off work early to buy those V10 springs from the wrecking place...problem was they went and checked the rig and said it came from an engine fire so didn't recommend or knew the damage to the coil springs...

@!(*#&$ at least I should be happy they were honest! So what shocks and can anyone recommend a site to purchase V10 shocks from and/or add leafs (2" per your suggestion).

Sucks to hear that about the springs, but yeah... at least they were honest.

I recommend Bilstein shocks. Although I have not ran them before on my truck, I have heard nothing but awsome reviews about them. You will pay more, but I think it is worth it. Those are what I am purchasing next. I have used Ranchos and they are OK, lasted over five years with my suspension setup. But when I replaced them a few years back I got BDS, and they kinda suck. I have replaced one already because it started leaking (just after the warranty was up), and now I have another one leaking

As far as where to buy the add-a-leafs, I am not sure. Just check out all the suspension web sites, they will have them. Also, check with your local spring shop (if you have one), thats where I got my stuff from.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:23 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Quick Reply: body lift install