2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4X not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 11:29 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
Uhm, yes it is.
Haha, I was thinking the same thing when I read that. To the OP... I'll be honest sometimes I have a hard time getting it into 4wd, but it's mainly because I don't use it that often. Best thing you can do at this point is crawl under your truck and make sure the linkage isn't binding, and maybe spray with some WD40 or similar. Your eyes under the truck will probably be worth more than what we can suggest here. Have someone attempt to put it in 4hi (with the truck off) and again see if you can see what is not letting it engauge.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Gnarkill666
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rebuild it IMO, the only problem ive seen with the Xfer case so far is a melted aluminum vaccum line to the front axle inside the frame where it briliantly bends out closer to the exhaust for a few inches then back to the frame. it didnt stop it from going into 4 wheel but made it a pain in the *** to get it out of 4x.

Quick Reply: 4X not working