2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

automatic transmission part

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 07:38 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Haven't been using online forums for very long, though, eh? The thread you're making noise in has been inactive for two years.

Welcome to DF!
That was hilarious Unreg!!!

Old 12-24-2011, 08:14 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haven't been using online forums for very long, though, eh? The thread you're making noise in has been inactive for two years.

Welcome to DF!
lol. I noticed it was an old thread but as it was tranny related I started reading.

Always good to see another tranny guy, so welcome! Lots of tranny questions come up!

Old 12-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ecwrestoration@yahoo.com
Trannny's done!! had the same thing happen to me last month, $3,500. will fix that. had everything rebuilt HD w/shift kit & billet convertor. Good luck
I know this is old
you can get one of the aftermarket heavy duty racing trannies for less than 3 grand... regular rebuilds are closer to $1,500

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 12-25-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:09 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
regular rebuilds are closer to $1,500
But not worth the price!

Old 12-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

But not worth the price!
I know what your saying....but if you go with that line of thinking neither are these trucks if they are such garbage in oem form right?...
If your not racing or working the truck harder than intended a stock rebuild is usually fine...(when maintenance is kept up on)

Some here have managed over 200,000 miles on an oem transmission. I'm guessing fluid/filter changes are really not performed at normal intervals or many of these trucks are pushed harder than intended..I have no way of knowing if my transmission was rebuilt before last week or not at 150k. and a failed torque converter took mine out.. The design may be weak but they cant be all that bad if so many are still on the road..
...I know many of the owners here are young drivers and they tend to destroy vehicles fast... The local car dealer told me the hardest thing on a vehicles is young drivers...He has seen nice cars leave the lot only to come back beat to hell in short order by them. They simply either dont know the vehicles limits or dont respect them...This is something some learn the hard way over time after accumulating the debt to show for it. Some never learn.

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 12-25-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Quick Reply: automatic transmission part